Redfoot enclosure

Covey88

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
Okay looking for hopefully quick and easy answer. I'm looking to update my current redfoot enclosure, he has an 8'x8' enclosure. This enclosure sits about 3" off the floor with no insulation and living in Ohio you can guess my issue is heat. So I'm going to convert this to my outdoor enclosure and want to build a fully enclosed and insulated enclosure. So now for my question, my plans for the new enclosure is going to be 4'x16', so will a rectangle be ok over a square?

Covey88

5 Year Member
Ohio
And what I mean by square vs. Rectangle is for his roaming area does anybody see an issue with his enclosure being rectangular

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't. All of my outside tortoise yards are rectangular, some bigger than others.

Canadian Mojo

Ontario
And what I mean by square vs. Rectangle is for his roaming area does anybody see an issue with his enclosure being rectangular
A long line of sight along a wall seems to make our RF want to pace it, so you might want to disrupt his line of sight along the 16' walls in a couple of places, but a 4' width makes that easy enough to do.