Redfoot and aldabra together??

Redfoot!!!

Location (City and/or State)
Jakarta
Hi again everybody, I was just wondering if I can keep redfoots and aldabras together. I’m planning on buying an aldabra (I have the space) and I was wondering if they can live together with my two redfoots and if it reduces bullying too. I know that 2 redfoots don’t work out and needs at least 3 to reduce bullying. So can the third be an aldabra or does it have to be another redfoot? (The aldabra will be the same size as them at first) Thanks.

Freddy90

Austria
Hi again everybody, I was just wondering if I can keep redfoots and aldabras together. I’m planning on buying an aldabra (I have the space) and I was wondering if they can live together with my two redfoots and if it reduces bullying too. I know that 2 redfoots don’t work out and needs at least 3 to reduce bullying. So can the third be an aldabra or does it have to be another redfoot? (The aldabra will be the same size as them at first) Thanks.

Tortoise species should never get mixed as stated above from another member and if u got the space for an aldabra it shouldn't be hard to build seperate enclosures for ur redfoots :)

Redfoot!!!

Jakarta
Oh ok, sorry everybody I just saw a lot of people mixing aldabras, redfoots, sulcatas, etc together and got confused. Thanks for clarifying.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Oh ok, sorry everybody I just saw a lot of people mixing aldabras, redfoots, sulcatas, etc together and got confused. Thanks for clarifying.
You should let them know they are making a terrible mistake that is likely to end in the death of the tortoises.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
No need to be sorry. The ones that should be sorry are those doing it. They don't care about the well being of the tortoises and are sorry humans for not caring.
You cared enough to ask. That means you care about the well being of the animal.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I agree.
I see it a lot out there in the internet too.
It might be convenient for the keeper, but its irresponsible behavior.