Red smear on poop

Ben02

Location (City and/or State)
Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Today in the Garden Selma passed a massive poop, I inspected it as I sometimes do but I was shocked to find a small red smear on it. I've been feeding opuntia a lot lately, is it possible the spines could of caused a scratch somewhere inside? Or could it bee a cloaca tear as the cloaca was very stretched out after the poop. Any help or suggestions would help a worried tort dad a lot.

She is active, alert and is waiting for some food. She has also nipped me since then. Thank you

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Ben, if she is otherwise OK, just keep an eye on her. If it happens again, post a photo of the poop.

Do you leave the spines on the opuntia? My understanding is, possibly incorrect as I have never done it, that you remove the spines before using it.

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Ben, if she is otherwise OK, just keep an eye on her. If it happens again, post a photo of the poop.

Do you leave the spines on the opuntia? My understanding is, possibly incorrect as I have never done it, that you remove the spines before using it.
I only cut off the larger spines. I've given her a little feast to see if she's alright and she is now currently begging for more:)