red footed tortoise prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
It really depends. I'd say anywhere from $120 to $250? Just depends on the breeder, your location, and the age/coloration.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
I've seen them as low as 80$ at expos as well.

reptilelover

5 Year Member
ok thank you. i have heard that they can be as cheap as 80 or 90 dollars also, but was wondering if that is a normal. i just have not really payed much attention to the red foots at our show led alone there prices.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
The ones with better color are usually more expensive.

Neohippy

5 Year Member
Red Deer, AB
Hehe, American pricing, I only wish. $300-$1000 here in Canada. Probably less in Ontario... But not by much.

Jozzep

5 Year Member
The reptile expos i've been to regular redfoots start around $90. Cherry heads are around $150-$200.

brymanda

5 Year Member
Florida
At the reptile expo in Daytona the cheapest I saw was $40. (Too cheap personally - made me wonder if there was something wrong with it they weren't telling me.) Average was 75-90. Generally if you got 2 you got them for the lower price ($75 each), and if you bought one they were on the higher end. Torts "labeled" Cherryheads were closer to $120+, but you have to be careful who you get them from. I didn't always see a lot of color difference between some of the "Cherryheads" and the regular redfoots - meaning there are probably some people out there just calling them cherryheads, whereas some people actually have vividly colored cherryheads.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
when the reptile expo comes to pomona I am most likely going in jan. I usually see them around 150$. I have never seen them there for 80 but one can always dream about it. :)

Anfi

5 Year Member
Price depends on country, it's $350-650 in Russia.

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I think 75-125 is a good price for a cb redfoot. But you get what you pay for. Some times its better to spend more and purchase directly from a breeder.

Status
Not open for further replies.