Red foot indoor enclosure

PNWEric

Location (City and/or State)
Kitsap County, WA
Does anyone use one of these for an indoor enclosure?

If so, would you be willing to share pictures and size? Along with lighting and heat setup? Looking for cold winter and colder summer night shelter.

g4mobile

5 Year Member
Fort Lauderdale, FL

If so, would you be willing to share pictures and size? Along with lighting and heat setup? Looking for cold winter and colder summer night shelter.
I know that @Tom uses Animal Plastics for his babies. I have one for my bearded dragon and they're great. It took 3 months for me to get mine, so order early. They may have got better with production. Highly recommended!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't have "Animal Plastics" but I DO have Vision - practically the same thing. I love it!! Just be sure to get one big enough for your RF tortoise. Mine are about 3'x2' and are only big enough for hatchling to about two years of age. Here's a picture of one with no animals in it yet:

Vision Cages a.jpg

Here's the lighting - LED on the left and small UVB strip in the middle:
Vision cages b.jpg

There's a Radiant Heat Panel on the ceiling on the right side:

Vision cages c.jpg

It's hard to read, but the temp. gauge shows 72. something and the room is in the 50s. I heat my house with a wood stove and it gets pretty cold in here after the fire dies down. If your room gets cold you'll need to put rigid foam insulation around the outside of the enclosures, as you'll see in the last picture. Since there's no tortoises in this one yet, I only have a small sleeping bag draped over the top of it.
Vision cages d.jpg

Here's a shot of the whole wall. I used the metal shelving you can buy at any Home Improvement store.
Vision cages e.jpg

PNWEric

Kitsap County, WA
I have one for my bearded dragon and they're great. It took 3 months for me to get mine, so order early. They may have got better with production. Highly recommended!
They are advertising up to 14 weeks for delivery. So wanting to order now so he doesn’t outgrow current enclosure. Also lots of work on current keeping humidity so hoping it will be better. Thanks.

DJ Kirk

Guelph, Ontario, Canada

I would encourage you to make your own. I had zero experience but with help from people here, research, and some thought I built a great enclosure that has lasted the test of time for about $100.

g4mobile

5 Year Member
Fort Lauderdale, FL
They are advertising up to 14 weeks for delivery. So wanting to order now so he doesn’t outgrow current enclosure. Also lots of work on current keeping humidity so hoping it will be better. Thanks.
I have another PVC cage from BoaMaster and it's just as nice as my AP cage. I had him add a 4 inch dam in the front as well for deeper substrate. It took 5 weeks to get. Their website appears to be experiencing some issues with images and I would call or email. https://www.boamaster.com/product/6ft-72x24x24-pvc-cage/

Dodge Mustang

Virginia Beach
I am working on a 6'x3'x2' enclosure right now, those look really nice and great if you have the money or are only thumbs when it comes to DIY. However, the bones of my plywood DIY build is rounding up 300$, with a viewing window, lid, and majority being made of red oak. You could probably almost halve that price if you had no cares for looks. The comparable item there is 625$, and that's still a bit too small for a full grown adult.

PNWEric

Kitsap County, WA
I am working on a 6'x3'x2' enclosure right now, those look really nice and great if you have the money or are only thumbs when it comes to DIY. However, the bones of my plywood DIY build is rounding up 300$, with a viewing window, lid, and majority being made of red oak. You could probably almost halve that price if you had no cares for looks. The comparable item there is 625$, and that's still a bit too small for a full grown adult.
Do you have any in progress or finished pictures?