red foot hatchling

Status
Not open for further replies.

pochito

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
fort lauderdale
hello everyone! Today my red foot hatchling finally came out of the egg after 3 days, hes looking beautifull and healthy! The clutch consisted of 4 eggs but 3 went bad. He pipped on the 104h day of incubation at a temp of 84 degrees and humidity in the mid 80's. My average hatching days is 105 days. My question is why did the other eggs go bad? I've hatched eggs from the same female before with 100 percent hatch rate. Maybe the new incubator? (exo terra). my old incubator was the hovobator. Any input?
please!

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Congrat's on your hachling that's awesome:) Where are your pic's stored?

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
I would say stick with the hovabator. Everyone that I know that uses it hasnt had any problems at all and I always hear about people using other kinds of incubators with terrible results.

pochito

5 Year Member
fort lauderdale
i've used the hovobator for the last 3 years with a hatching rate of 75 to 100 percent. Got the new one thinking it was better. The temp difference inside the new one is like 5 to 6 degrees of what it shows. not really crazy about it.I put the thermometer i had inside and go by that one. thanks for the info

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
pochito said:
coreyc said:
Congrat's on your hachling that's awesome:) Where are your pic's stored?

on my phone and some on the laptop

Open up a photo bucket account it free then it's easy to post pic's from there

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska

pochito

5 Year Member
fort lauderdale
Madkins007 said:
The clutch size seems small- is this a new female laying eggs? That might be all there is to it.

Are the eggs really bad, or maybe they just need some more time? A lot of breeders are surprised when an egg thought to be bad pips much later than expected. Check out Carl D. May's (cdmay) article at http://www.tortoiselibrary.com/incubate.html (and Allegra's at http://www.tortoiselibrary.com/neonate.html )

it's an older female, i've hatched her eggs in the last 3 yrs, she always lays 4 eggs. I cracked the other eggs and they were bad, liquid inside. her last clutch 2 hatched.

Status
Not open for further replies.