Red foot babies .

Redfool

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Florida
I have 2 females over 13.5 inches and 15 pounds. I also have one that is over 25 years old, and is 9 inch and 9 pounds, older than the others, raised the same but much smaller. She is said to be an offspring of a Corn Island Nicaragua group. Some say the only dwarf RFs are cherry heads but she looks normal. She has bred with a normal large male but always lays three small eggs monthly. They are only about the size of a half dollar when hatched. I’ve never kept any to raise and see if they stay as small as their mother, maybe I should. How big is the female that laid yours?

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
She's around 18 pounds and 15 inches . She's big ,but my young female that laid the other two eggs is only 10 inches . I haven't weighed her . My male is only 11 inches no weight on him neither . I have two big females . The bigger of the two my male stays away from .

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
New York
They all look red/orange while their mother has a lot of yellow on her head. It will be interesting to see if/how they change.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I had two smaller eggs and six larger ones . Also had a crap load of bad eggs . I have six females,but only two of them breed . The other females don't like my male tort for some reason. May need to find another male .