Red-Eared Slider - will only eat bokchoy or pellets

calpal888

Location (City and/or State)
Singapore
He's around 10-11 years old and was largely (if not solely) fed pellets and lived in an algae-filled contained before I got him a few weeks back. I've tried feeding him carrot shavings, parsley, spinach (before I saw the many many threads saying not to), cabbage (also a no-go) to no avail. Recently, I left some bokchoy with him and there's bite marks appearing on it! He seems to be actually eating it rather than shredding it up as well. However, I've seen many articles saying that bokchoy's great for RES and almost as many saying that they shouldn't eat it :\\\

I'm from asia so kale/dandelion greens are super expensive and inaccessible... got some duckweed, frogbit, and water lettuce on the way but I'm worried about my guy... any advice regarding eating?

Territory-wise, he's finally got a basking area and a large tank now, he suns in the morning and reshuffles all the damn rocks at night so I have to rebuild the basking area everyday... we change his water every week and I regularly manually filter it. Health/behaviour-wise, he yawned once and dozed off instead of today today (first time I've seen him do this, adorable yet alarming though he ate eventually). He's got some scutes shedding at the moment and some little pits on his spine (vet said it's normal for a turt his age).

Noelluene

Location (City and/or State)
Shenzhen, China
I think bok choy can be given in moderation and it should be fine. I would like to know what type of pellets are you giving your turtle?

Also, if you can find it, try feeding it you mai cai (lactuca sativa var longifolia ‘you mai cai’), which I give to my tortoise on a regular basis. Currently, this is the plant database most of this forum will be using.