Red Ear With A Severe Ear

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
This is the most severe ear Infection I have ever seen.Picture 004 copy.zz.jpg Picture 003 copy.zz.jpg This had to start last year but I didn't notice it until early this spring in the middle of March when they started getting active in the pond.I was able to put him back outside about 2 weeks ago and seems to be doing fine. Here he is this morningPicture 008 copy.jpg I will keep a close eye on him to make sure I got it all clean.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Wow!

So the million dollar question - how did you treat this infection?
With thisPicture 027 copy.jpg Usually with ear infections there is an area that can be seen showing where to start. But this was so swollen and no identifying spot I slowly over a couple of days worked on one spot until the skin got thin enough to actually penetrate easily, and after that started digging out all the abscess. It took several days to do this because of all the swelling. It drained for the longest time and took forever to heal over and close so I could put him back outside.The total time he was inside was a little over a month and a half.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
This is the most severe ear Infection I have ever seen.View attachment 272878 View attachment 272879 This had to start last year but I didn't notice it until early this spring in the middle of March when they started getting active in the pond.I was able to put him back outside about 2 weeks ago and seems to be doing fine. Here he is this morningView attachment 272880 I will keep a close eye on him to make sure I got it all clean.

That is [emoji33] absolutely incredible!!!!!