Red ear slider in Michigan

Diamondbacks4Life

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
True, very true. Although I'm not big into keeping up on them, wild turtles, has Michigan or any place else ever reported them being a problem? Just wondering if it's been noticed.

I dont think United states has done that much in depth studies about how they might really be affecting places. Though on the other side of the pond they are and there are a couple articles out there.

I know i read another article and i believe it was about the European pond turtle again that res being more aggressive are forcing the pond turtle to choose worse nesting areas because res are controlling the prime nesting spots.

http://blogs.thatpetplace.com/thatr...compete-native-european-turtles/#.U4cyeYm9Kc0

tortoise_man2

Hey guys, this seems to be turning into a debate, why don't one of you make a new thread in the debate section...

Welington, i have no red eared sliders, and it would not matter if i did because they are not protected... All that i would not be allowed to do is sell them... And i would never sell one of my turtles

David S.

tortoise_man2

O and btw there seems to be a lot of hate being directed at me because of my "short sitedness" and it is not appreciated...

Sure i messed up with the fact that i didn't want to read an entire 22 paragraph article to get to the part that applied to this...

David S.

tortoise_man2

And Wellington i have only found one red eared slider it is very large, with very nice color, it did not grow up in the wild...

David S.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
David don't flatter yourself into thinking we have a "hate" thing going on against YOU! [ not sure about anyone else.. however I believe I can say without contradiction -- "WE" ] Anyone and everyone that is not willing to take the time to READ anything that we share.. based on decades of experience.. needs to get a pet rock! We are more concerned about the welfare of turtles and tortoises than anyones' egos or emotions.

One of my favorite "one-liners" - When you are in the wrong you have no defense -- when you are in the right you need no defense.

And if you will read it again.. the word was 'short-sidedness' - the short side was thinking it wasn't important enough to take a few minutes to READ! Unfortunately this applies to the majority of 'keepers' today.. it's not an exclusive.

Again we are not singling you out... you just got caught!

compassrose26

5 Year Member
Michigan
Hey guys, this seems to be turning into a debate, why don't one of you make a new thread in the debate section...

Welington, i have no red eared sliders, and it would not matter if i did because they are not protected... All that i would not be allowed to do is sell them... And i would never sell one of my turtles

David S.
I'm actually going to debate that this is not a debate;) I think it was just people sharing knowledge and articles on something we don't know much about. Might be a debate now, though...

tortoise_man2

Redfoot NERD, That might be the problem. This is a community of turtle enthusiasts and all anyone is concerned about is getting their message across about the turtle, not wether it will hurt someone else or not...

That is a PROBLEM

David S.