Recommended Calcium Brands for Tortoises

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon Coast
So I haven't really tried to differentiate between the qualities of different brand name's calcium dust mixes for use dusting my torts diets. But I would love to see fellow members favorite kinds as recommendations!
I would love to support KapidoloFarms.com, so I'll probably go ahead and order some from them! I should have already when I was getting my babies a 5 pack of the dried flowers mix.
I'm slacking here!!!

I use egg shells, but I still want to get some powder for my 2 hatchlings. I admittedly wasn't the best hatchling mom, but my lovelys are looking smoother.

zovick

10 Year Member!
So I haven't really tried to differentiate between the qualities of different brand name's calcium dust mixes for use dusting my torts diets. But I would love to see fellow members favorite kinds as recommendations!
I would love to support KapidoloFarms.com, so I'll probably go ahead and order some from them! I should have already when I was getting my babies a 5 pack of the dried flowers mix.
I'm slacking here!!!

I use egg shells, but I still want to get some powder for my 2 hatchlings. I admittedly wasn't the best hatchling mom, but my lovelys are looking smoother.
I like Ultrafine Rep-Cal. It is made from oyster shells so it is a natural form of calcium rather than an artificially or chemically produced form. It is available with or without Vitamin D3 as well. I always used the one WITH the Vitamin D3 and had great results.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I'm slacking here!!!

I bought a bunch from @Kapidolo Farms recently, and I've been using it for all my outdoor living egg laying adult females of all species. I sprinkle it on top of my food mixture in my 5 gallon buckets along with one of Will's dried leaf offerings, and stir it all up together. I love it and it works perfectly for me. Torts eat it all up.

Historically, I've mostly used the RepCal with D3 brand the Zovick mentioned. I'm still using that one for my indoor babies, especially in winter when they don't get as much sunshine as I'd like due to the intermittent colder weather. Like Zovick, I've experienced nothing but good results, and never had any problems with it. I recently bought the 7 pound bulk container of it from LLL Reptile.