Recipe and food (tort version)

lismar79

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
Wonderful idea with the mesh bags @Prairie Mom ! I have been wanting to do similar but am too paranoid about the bad weeds that do grow in my yard..... have you come across this concern at all?

Prairie Mom

Wonderful idea with the mesh bags @Prairie Mom ! I have been wanting to do similar but am too paranoid about the bad weeds that do grow in my yard..... have you come across this concern at all?
I recognize most of my weeds so I know I'm okay. Oddly enough I do get the occasional genuine original deadly night shade! I say cut and dry your grass any way, because most stuff is tort safe, you can pick any bad stuff as you cut, and you can always double check before feeding the dry stuff to your tortoise.

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
Is this safe? - No-Till Cover Crop 13-Seed Mix (1 lb. Bag): [50% Clovers Plus Fenugreek, Vetch, Flax, Cowpeas, Buckwheat, Forage Peas, Millet, Lentils, Crimson Clover, Sweet Yellow, White Clover, Medium Red Clover]

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
Is this safe? - No-Till Cover Crop 13-Seed Mix (1 lb. Bag): [50% Clovers Plus Fenugreek, Vetch, Flax, Cowpeas, Buckwheat, Forage Peas, Millet, Lentils, Crimson Clover, Sweet Yellow, White Clover, Medium Red Clover]
And what about this?
Package of 4,000 Seeds, Crimson Clover (Trifolium incarnatum) Open Pollinated Seeds by Seed Needs

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
This is better
Russian Tortoise Forage Mix Seeds Grow Tort & Herbivore Fodder Plot bin281 (288K Seeds, or 1 LB)

phoenix988

5 Year Member
My recipe is Timothy Hay / Orchard Hay + Zoomed Grassland Diet + Mazuri + Supplements and Calcium. Fresh Grass from the law.
I think that store food is ok with sulcata, red foot, and other Mediterranean tortoises, they are the easy ones to keep anyway.
But never Leopard tortoise, that food from the store may make leopard go diarrhea very easily.
For Leopard, it must be 90% grass and hay all times.

SuzanneZ

Georgetown