Real world UVB test done

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Yes. You are so right!
It is crushing.
But everything is better learned by making a few mistakes right?
That’s how WE become the TEACHERS.
But that’s how THEY stay rich! ???
THEY could also get educated and sell the correct items and still be rich.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I joined the CHAMELEON FORUM after I had purchased 2 Chameleons and was given a third.
I had my enclosures, lamps, misters, humidifiers, drainage systems and plants all set up.
I posted some photos....
Yep!
ALL WRONG

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I joined the CHAMELEON FORUM after I had purchased 2 Chameleons and was given a third.
I had my enclosures, lamps, misters, humidifiers, drainage systems and plants all set up.
I posted some photos....
Yep!
ALL WRONG

I did the same thing. But problem for me is
I had been doing the wrong thing FOR YEARS! Now all I can do is be plagued with guilt for my babies shell not being flat.
I would love to go back and fix it all....??

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I did the same thing. But problem for me is
I had been doing the wrong thing FOR YEARS! Now all I can do is be plagued with guilt for my babies shell not being flat.
I would love to go back and fix it all....??
You can't blame yourself. This forum keeps learning too. When I first joined, I hadn't had my tortoise very long. The high humidity was still not excepted by most of the long time members. Lots of fighting over it. Don't think the closed chamber was introduced yet, just the high humidity. Also at that time the MVB were the best thing ever. Nothing but high praise about them. Of course, that's what I used and did the high humidity.
I got a pyramided tortoise. Then closed chamber finally came in. Too late for my now adult tortoises but not my clutches. Still using the great MVB and closed chamber high humidity. What did I get, yep pyramided tort. Finally the truth about the MVB was discovered. Well too late for me. I only have adults and no more breeding.
So you see, only those joining and starting out now, will have ALL the info needed to raise smooth tortoises.
Of course no fault to anyone or the forum. That's just how the discoveries played out.
I would like Tom to go back and discover everything at once and me go back and be able to follow all of it at the same time lol.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
You can't blame yourself. This forum keeps learning too. When I first joined, I hadn't had my tortoise very long. The high humidity was still not excepted by most of the long time members. Lots of fighting over it. Don't think the closed chamber was introduced yet, just the high humidity. Also at that time the MVB were the best thing ever. Nothing but high praise about them. Of course, that's what I used and did the high humidity.
I got a pyramided tortoise. Then closed chamber finally came in. Too late for my now adult tortoises but not my clutches. Still using the great MVB and closed chamber high humidity. What did I get, yep pyramided tort. Finally the truth about the MVB was discovered. Well too late for me. I only have adults and no more breeding.
So you see, only those joining and starting out now, will have ALL the info needed to raise smooth tortoises.
Of course no fault to anyone or the forum. That's just how the discoveries played out.
I would like Tom to go back and discover everything at once and me go back and be able to follow all of it at the same time lol.
I hope we can save a few newer members from spending all of the money and wasting all of that time on the old ways of tortoise keeping.
I myself only became a T5 convert less than 2 years ago.
I've got a stack of extra T8 stuff.

ZenHerper

New Jersey

Road trip!
Who wants Pop Rocks?
*licks pencil*