Re-Packaged Mazuri

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I just ordered Mazuri from an online dealer and it came in a plain ziplock bag with no identification at all. Also, the pellets are larger than the ones that are in my bag I bought at the hardware store in a 1# Mazuri Tortoise Diet bag. Should I be concerned? Is this the normal way to get it? I might be imagining things, but it didn't seem to smell the same either.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have seen others advertise it for sale and placed in bags like your talking about. However, if it doesn't look the same and smell the same, I wouldn't use it.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
What they do is purchase a large bag from the local feed stores and divide it up into baggies for resale. Our large bags always seem to have a consistent size to the kibbles!

352hzt5.jpg

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Does the person or company you got it from sell multiple types of mazuri? If so they could have switched up your order with someone else. I bought some tortoises a couple years ago and the owner gave me the rest of his mazuri and it was mazuri tortoise diet but the pellets were a different size than what I had ever seen. Maybe different locations have somewhat different sizes.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Okay, here is a pic of the difference in size. The smaller one is the one I bought before, and the larger one is the one I just received in the mail.

food.jpg

ALDABRAMAN said:
What they do is purchase a large bag from the local feed stores and divide it up into baggies for resale. Our large bags always seem to have a consistent size to the kibbles!

352hzt5.jpg

That is a neat photo. Do they just eat it hard like popcorn?

Eweezyfosheezy said:
Does the person or company you got it from sell multiple types of mazuri? If so they could have switched up your order with someone else. I bought some tortoises a couple years ago and the owner gave me the rest of his mazuri and it was mazuri tortoise diet but the pellets were a different size than what I had ever seen. Maybe different locations have somewhat different sizes.

That is what I was wondering. I don't want to cause a fuss if it really is the same diet.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Laura said:
i noticed a change a few years back.. not currently..

from smaller to larger, or from larger to smaller? The package has an expiration date on it, 9-2012. Obviously the ziplock bag has no expiration date.

Status
Not open for further replies.