Rate my enclosure (concept)

Have you ever immersed yourself in a project as extreme as mine?

• Yes

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Aloysius Taschse

Location (City and/or State)
Mainly Texas
Hello everyone,
I've had a recent turn of events. Kiwi passed away yesterday, and I thought about stopping building the enclosure. I have decided to keep going as my hermit crab could use a new home or I might get a new tortoise, and I wanted to dedicate a kind of memorial for my Kiwi. The fountain will be in a 10x9x4 inch plastic container embedded in the substrate and inside of this there will be a smaller circular container with the pump. In order to keep rocks out, wire mesh will be on top of the plastic pump house. I've decided to go with a karin format and have multiple rocks piled on top of one another with a hole down the center for water to flow out. I'll post pictures when I can and I think Kiwi would be very happy. If anyone has any ideas or corrections you are welcome to respond.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Aw geez. If it's not too hard to talk about it, can we know what happened?

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
@Yvonne G

Aloysius Taschse

Mainly Texas
I think it might have been a bladder stone due to the fact that I found her tucked inside her shell and that I hadn't seen any evidence that she peed or pooped in days and also the heat pad was off. Either way, Kiwi was an excellent tortoise and a good friend and I will always remember her as one of my nicest and friendliest pets.