Random questions about Aldabras

Emily Deshar

So I really really want an Aldabra so badly! I live in Nebraska and i was trying to figure something out for the winters. So if we had an unfinished basement and let the aldabra have the whole basement for the winters and nights would that work? I figured I would block any pipes or anything so they cannot get to them. I would put some dirt down and hay for them. I would put a heater and humidifier in as well. Would that work? The basement would be a walk out so it can go in and out as it wants in the warm weather and have the whole backyard. We dont have a house like this yet, but we are thinking of moving into a bigger house in 6 years or so. Just curious if this idea would work because then I could finally have one!! Thanks in advance for an advice.

Alaskamike

Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
An Aldabra could be raised anywhere , it depends on how much space, $, and effort you are willing to put into it.

Keep in mind the basics
Heat
Humidity
Light , including UV
Exercise room
Food / nutrition needs.

As they grow these change. A big one would be kinda like keeping a horse in your basement. They poop allot !

So yes could it - would it work , sure. But is it worth it ? Only you can decide that.

Emily Deshar

An Aldabra could be raised anywhere , it depends on how much space, $, and effort you are willing to put into it.

Keep in mind the basics
Heat
Humidity
Light , including UV
Exercise room
Food / nutrition needs.

As they grow these change. A big one would be kinda like keeping a horse in your basement. They poop allot !

So yes could it - would it work , sure. But is it worth it ? Only you can decide that.
Thank you so much. I will take all this into consideration.