Raising REDFOOT Hatchling to Adults - Do's & Don't's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
EJ- can you share some of the things you hint at? I plan to get the book, but am dying of curiosity!

Dud

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
hey terry thx for this helpful caresheet.. :D appreciate it bro :D

i have a q thou.

1.How big does RF get
2.what substrate are u using when they reach adult.. ? r u still usin Moss ?

thx :D

Chris

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
You can provide evidence... Proof would be near impossible.

Redfoot NERD said:
terryo said:
Terry, your system DOES work, as you have documented with chronological pictures, and I use it as do many others on this forum. So far my Pio is looking good. But.....there are other breeders on different forums that do sell Redfroots that use a much different approach to raising them. Therefore, they have a much different opinion then you do. Their babies and adults are just as beautiful, colorful, and healthy as yours. Some of these breeders offer them UVB lighting while inside. Almost everything they do is different than your method. Also, some have been breeding them just as long as you have. IMO, your's is the easiest way with good results, and that is why I use it. Therefore, if different breeders have different methods of breeding and raising redfoots, with the same good results, that makes for "different opinions".

Where are you finding this info Terryo? Let me see what you/they claim? What results.. after well over 3 years.. do they have? How do their hatchlings raised by their methods look.. over time? - especially the first year! Because without any documentations - well - they're opinions aren't they?

You can't bring 'statements' to the table without proof.. because then it IS an opinion.. with empty claims. Don't anyone fall for them.

When you bring 'statements' to the table backed by proof.. then they are facts! You can rely on them.

Your set-up is an exception because you have created the perfect "micro-climate" for Pio.. with all of the needed elements: Temps.. Humidity.. Diet and Light. You're right.. it is that simple!!!

Terry K

BTW.. how is the "marbling" on Pio coming along???

81SHOVELHEAD

5 Year Member
Galveston TX
Hello Terry
i am a newbie as you can tell by the amount of post i have written.
I have asked the question Who is Terry.
Well last night after logging in to your websight now i know.
The information and care sheets you provide on you sights make it easy for even a newbie to understand.
I still haven't purchased 1 yet but as soon as i get a reply from you to use you sight i will be definately looking to purchase my 1 or 2 (would like to have a pair) from you.
You have some beatiful animals and it is obvious you know what you are doing.
looking foward to checking out what you have available.
wow reading your care sheet already save me about 150 bucks compared to some of the other care sheets i have read in my research.
Looking foward to doing business with you.
Mike D.

Status
Not open for further replies.