yusufning

Location (City and/or State)
Jakarta
Hi Everyone,

Recently, a friend of mine gave me this radiated tortoise. It is a male and the size is 29cm. I know that males can grow up to 40cm. So is there any possibility that the pyramiding will get better (smooth out) overtime?

thumbnail_image0.jpg

Sterant

5 Year Member
Albany, NY
HI. No. That pyramiding will remain as is. Future growth could be smoother if you improve conditions.

yusufning

Jakarta
HI. No. That pyramiding will remain as is. Future growth could be smoother if you improve conditions.

thank you for your reply. So based on your perspective, how bad is the pyramiding? Would it affect movement in the future?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's not bad at all. I've seen worse.

Sterant

5 Year Member
Albany, NY
thank you for your reply. So based on your perspective, how bad is the pyramiding? Would it affect movement in the future?
No, thats not going to effect anything physiologically with the tortoise, but keep the humidity up and the soaks, etc... and you should start to see the new growth coming in a bit more flat.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That is a gorgeous tortoise. I wouldn't worry about that minor pyramiding at all.