Radiated shell indent

zovick

10 Year Member!
Does anyone know what’s the cause of the shell indent?
Some Radiated Tortoises get that type of shell formation as they are growing. It is fairly common and nothing to worry about. It may or may not go away completely as the tortoise gets larger.

Nice looking tortoise. How long have you had it? Keep up the good work!

Wenzo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New York city
Some Radiated Tortoises get that type of shell formation as they are growing. It is fairly common and nothing to worry about. It may or may not go away completely as the tortoise gets larger.

Thanks! I brought him on 1/1/18. When he was around 9 months old , now he is around 2000 grams

Wenzo

5 Year Member
New York city

I think the tortoise might be from you by the way but I brought it from someone else in my state.

zovick

10 Year Member!
I think the tortoise might be from you by the way but I brought it from someone else in my state.
Is his name Dan? If not, who was it? There are several people in NY with tortoises from my bloodlines. Were you told its studbook number if it has one? If so, I might be able to send you photos of some of its relatives.

Wenzo

5 Year Member
New York city
Is his name Dan? If not, who was it? There are several people in NY with tortoises from my bloodlines. Were you told its studbook number if it has one? If so, I might be able to send you photos of some of its relatives.