RADIATED BULBOUS SHELL

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Here is a pic of one of my radiated, she has a beautiful bulbous shell. She has been on quite a growing spurt and is really starting to develop some very yellow skin

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Haha. Yeah a total bowling ball. I'm gonna go with a 3 pound ball with the yellow sheen please for lane 5. Great looking animal Ed great work on the smoothness.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
tortadise said:
Haha. Yeah a total bowling ball. I'm gonna go with a 3 pound ball with the yellow sheen please for lane 5. Great looking animal Ed great work on the smoothness.

Haha, I will roll her right on over to you. Really enjoying watching this one grow

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Re: RE: RADIATED BULBOUS SHELL

She looks great.
I was going to make a bowling comment but Kelly beat me to it!

tortadise said:

Sent from my TFOapp

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
BeeBee*BeeLeaves said:
Roly poly and super beautiful. You have done a great job. A little work of art! : )

A little work of art, I guess you are right. I never realized you were right here in Orange County

:cool:
ALDABRAMAN said:
Very nice!

litaiyuang

5 Year Member
Very nice indeed. Do you happen to have a side profile too?

I love the shape of her shell as well athletically, but just curious, how will males manage to get on her if this type of growth keeps up? Also, do you know if she can flip herself over if she somehow ended up on her back (obviously please don't try it to find out). I'm always worried about mine flipping over and not being able to right itself and it's much smaller and not nearly high domed.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
litaiyuang said:

I love the shape of her shell as well athletically, but just curious, how will males manage to get on her if this type of growth keeps up? Also, do you know if she can flip herself over if she somehow ended up on her back (obviously please don't try it to find out). I'm always worried about mine flipping over and not being able to right itself and it's much smaller and not nearly high domed.

She has been flipped on her back from my other female. As far as her being able to flip back on her feet, the answer to that would probably be
no. Unless she was around a bunch of weeds or brush and able to grab ahold with her feet. I have had these guys flip each other about 6 or 7 times and they never got to their feet. Luckily i was able to help them before it was to late. They have not been flipping each other anymore though. The males get big like the females so mounting I dont think will be a problem. Thanks for the compliments, I will try to find a side view

bigred said:
litaiyuang said:

She has been flipped on her back from my other female. As far as her being able to flip back on her feet, the answer to that would probably be
no. Unless she was around a bunch of weeds or brush and able to grab ahold with her feet. I have had these guys flip each other about 6 or 7 times and they never got to their feet. Luckily i was able to help them before it was to late. They have not been flipping each other anymore though. The males get big like the females so mounting I dont think will be a problem. Thanks for the compliments, I will try to find a side view

not a very good side view but she is the one on the left

Attachments

• 104_2687.JPG
    104_2687.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 161

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Very nice ...... " a varigated meatball" ...:p

Your radi' are outstanding ...ED !

JD~:)

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
Wow, where did you get them?

Sandy
Oregon Tortoise Rescue

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
SenjiSandy said:
Wow, where did you get them?

Sandy
Oregon Tortoise Rescue

I bought 2 in California then got my permit so I could buy out of state.

Status
Not open for further replies.