Radiata Studbook 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
The new 2009 studbook has been published!

Anyone check it out?

Do any radiata owners need a copy? I can email it to you

rad8ted92083

5 Year Member
gummybearpoop said:
The new 2009 studbook has been published!

Anyone check it out?

Do any radiata owners need a copy? I can email it to you

I DO PLEASE

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
gummybearpoop said:
If you own radiata and want a studbook copy

email me [email protected]
title the subject radiata studbook

CORRECTION:

If you are registered in the USA studbook, I will email you a copy of radiata studbook. For security reasons of other private owners, I cannot give the radiata studbook to the general public.

email me [email protected]
title the subject radiata studbook
Include your full name and I will see if you are in the studbook, then email you a copy

[/quote]

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Well, if you can't share the stud book, how about some pictures of the top five Radiata "studs"? They have such beautiful shell patterns!

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Stephanie Logan said:
Well, if you can't share the stud book, how about some pictures of the top five Radiata "studs"? They have such beautiful shell patterns!

haha...I wish I had pictures. The studbook doesnt have pics. It mostly shows genetic lineage in the US captive population, but only displays registered animals.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
gummybearpoop said:
haha...I wish I had pictures. The studbook doesnt have pics. It mostly shows genetic lineage in the US captive population, but only displays registered animals.

Well, that's pretty boring!:D

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Stephanie Logan said:
gummybearpoop said:

Well, that's pretty boring!:D

haha yea it kinda is. But if you are trying to put together a nice group of unrelated animals, it is very informative.

TORTOISEHOME

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I have a pair of Radiateds that I purchased from a friend. He got them from Vincent Velci. I am trying to locate him to see if mine are registered. If they are not, can mine get registered or how does that work? Does it cost anything to register? I hava a another friend who has 5 adults and his are not registered either.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Kevin: Since "Gummybearpoop" already has a studbook, you can ask him to look up Vincent's name to see if he has tortoises listed in the book. It won't speak to your particular tortoises, but then you would know if you need to continue to try to contact Vincent.

Also, if you find out that your tortoises ARE in the book, then you need to contact the publisher to get the ownership changed.

TORTOISEHOME

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Kevin: Since "Gummybearpoop" already has a studbook, you can ask him to look up Vincent's name to see if he has tortoises listed in the book. It won't speak to your particular tortoises, but then you would know if you need to continue to try to contact Vincent.

Also, if you find out that your tortoises ARE in the book, then you need to contact the publisher to get the ownership changed.

Thanks. You are awesome!!

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Kevin, I answered you in email for privacy reasons.

In addition to Yvonne's informative response:
Usually the seller reports ownerships transfers, but not always. In most cases, the seller/breeder reports transfers to possibly protect themselves. It is also important to keep receipts and document dates. The ownership transfers also include the dates. In all of my transactions, the seller/breeder reported the transfer and it has an exact date of the transfer.

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
Most of the Radiateds in the US are from St. Catherines Island and the Bronx zoo. I'm sure some confescations have made their way into the US bloodline. I Think the Gladys Porter Zoo might have some unrelated.

I know I have 2 females... not related to the US population... well... I don't know... but I've been told.

If anyone was listed in the studbook... would you want your contact infor available to the public?

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
-EJ said:
Most of the Radiateds in the US are from St. Catherines Island and the Bronx zoo. I'm sure some confescations have made their way into the US bloodline. I Think the Gladys Porter Zoo might have some unrelated.

I know I have 2 females... not related to the US population... well... I don't know... but I've been told.

If anyone was listed in the studbook... would you want your contact infor available to the public?

Ed, do your females produced viable eggs?

The studbook shows that the Bronx Zoo doesn't have too many anymore. I remember that a big chunk of the Bronx Zoo collection went to St. Catherines as well. The Los Angeles Zoo had gotten some recent confiscations the past decade I believe.

I don't want my contact information available to the public, but I guess threads like this makes it easy to contact me. haha
It is pretty easy to get contact information once people know you are looking for radiata to purchase and are a CBW permit holder.

Status
Not open for further replies.