Quick and easy enclosure.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bixby
A friend is getting his daughter a tortoise for Christmas and ask me to build a quick enclosure. I like this set up and would recommend it for those who are using small tanks. Tomorrow his thermostat, substrate and all the other fix'ins come in. UVB on one end, CHE in the middle and a regular flood on the other end. It will have a humid hide on one end.

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1482374884.510077.jpg

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1482374870.571100.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
And get them now cuz once Christmas stuff is gone, so are these. That's if this is one of the Christmas tree storage boxes, which does make for a good first enclosure.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
And get them now cuz once Christmas stuff is gone, so are these. That's if this is one of the Christmas tree storage boxes, which does make for a good first enclosure.

Yes it is, 25.00 at Walmart. I picked up few for myself too. Never know when I might need another hatchling enclosure. Seriously recommend for anyone using a small tank.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Here is a look at the inside. Bottom is Coir with top reptile-bark. Inside the hide is some moss. He is going to add a few things but for now I'm keeping it simple for him. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1482439541.597183.jpg

He has 2 temp gauges on order that he can install later. I'm going to keep it here for another week to make any adjustments needed.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Built another out of these tubs. This one is for one of my leopard babies. I have a tube light installed in one end and I put silicone down around the trim under the lights and the CHE. Unbelievable how well these hold the heat and humidity.

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1482977635.722090.jpg