Questions about this wild turtle

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
Some friends of mine saw his little guy/gal was in the middle of a street in Lacombe, Louisiana earlier today. They picked him up and moved him off the street onto the grass in the direction he was trying to go. They figured that he owed them at least one photo to pay for the rescue. ? He was pretty "spicy" and did not appreciate their intervention at all!
This is the only photo they got, and he's been released, so it's all we have to go on. My friends have 2 questions: Mud or Musk turtle? (I think it's a Mud, but I could be wrong- the angle makes it hard to decide about how much plastron coverage he has) And what is the light colored sort of lozenge shaped spot on his plastron? deformity? scar? other?
Thanks for any input!

F8767978-3721-4EFB-BAA7-C6FFAED58E20.png

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Some friends of mine saw his little guy/gal was in the middle of a street in Lacombe, Louisiana earlier today. They picked him up and moved him off the street onto the grass in the direction he was trying to go. They figured that he owed them at least one photo to pay for the rescue. ? He was pretty "spicy" and did not appreciate their intervention at all!
This is the only photo they got, and he's been released, so it's all we have to go on. My friends have 2 questions: Mud or Musk turtle? (I think it's a Mud, but I could be wrong- the angle makes it hard to decide about how much plastron coverage he has) And what is the light colored sort of lozenge shaped spot on his plastron? deformity? scar? other?
Thanks for any input!

View attachment 325163
Eastern Mud Turtle Kinosternon subrubrum subrubrum

Looks like a scrape on the plastron that chipped a bit of the scute.