questions about my russian tortoises diet

Location (City and/or State)
northern ireland
hi! i have a russian tortoise and i got him about a month ago. he is around 6 months to a year, (i’m not too sure) and i have some questions about his diet. he is really picky. every morning i give him new food that consists of cucumber, romaine lettuce and different types of salads and greens. i also put calcium powder over it. he dosent like any fruits which is fine as his diet is fine without it. i’m wondering if i’m feeding him properly as i only want the best for him. i live in quite a cold country and i wouldnt know where to find weeds for him. i am looking into it though, i’m just here to ask if what food he currently eats is alright for him. i try to get many different variaties of food for him to try. thank you!!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
hi! i have a russian tortoise and i got him about a month ago. he is around 6 months to a year, (i’m not too sure) and i have some questions about his diet. he is really picky. every morning i give him new food that consists of cucumber, romaine lettuce and different types of salads and greens. i also put calcium powder over it. he dosent like any fruits which is fine as his diet is fine without it. i’m wondering if i’m feeding him properly as i only want the best for him. i live in quite a cold country and i wouldnt know where to find weeds for him. i am looking into it though, i’m just here to ask if what food he currently eats is alright for him. i try to get many different variaties of food for him to try. thank you!!
Give this a read. There is a whole section on what to feed them and it includes info on what to do if there are no "natural" foods at some times of the year in your area. Lots of other good info too:

northern ireland
Give this a read. There is a whole section on what to feed them and it includes info on what to do if there are no "natural" foods at some times of the year in your area. Lots of other good info too:
thank you so much! ?