Questions about melamine in rack

Alexio

Location (City and/or State)
Syracuse, New York
I recently built this rack system. My intention was to use PVC board for its many benefits but home Depot said they couldn't cut the sheets , so melamine it is. This is the rack system:

It was a pretty easy build and it looks really finished unlike my torts enclosures. My questions are with the melamine and the humidity In general. I plan to keep ball pythons in the rack and they require some humidity . so will the tops of the melamine be able to withstand the humidity rising from the bins? Should I use Some kind of a sealer on the edges or the whole thing? What type of sealer? Sorry I have been scouring the internet but there is a lot of differing opinions.

VikkiGT4

Location (City and/or State)
Telford, Shropshire
Hey

I would suggest using a yacht varnish to make it water proof or some kind of pond liner (that's what we use). Melamine, however is quite good with regards to humidity, and as it is royals you are keeping there is not much humidity needed at all. In fact, my two royals I keep pretty much dry with a light misting of water every 4/5 days.

Hope this helps :)