Question on russian Rehome tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweetness_bug

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
MICHIGAN
Hi I was the one who picked up the Skilled russian Rehome. The one with the shell issues. Hes doing pretty good. Still keep him seperate from all my other torts. hes eating well..pooping good, sleeping well, and is active. BUt i have noticed that no matter how much i soak him he has an odor my other torts dont have. LOL...What can i do regarding this. He smells like something died. Its worse after i soak him.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
You need to give him a very close inspection. It may just be poop stuck up under his shell, but it may also be an active case of shell rot.

M

Maggie Cummings

I would first scrub lightly with Betadine, then every few hours I would pour Nolvasan over his shell. Keep it dry. Nolvasan is Chlorhexadine and you can probably get some on line. But that's what I would do. Make sure he's basking and you have a good UVB light on him...and every few hours pour that over him. Only use the Betadine once. I am sure if I've forgotten something someone will tell us. Start looking on line for Chlorhexadine, or maybe your Vet would sell you some...

Status
Not open for further replies.