Question/feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Whats with all the comments in the classified ads?

I mean its one thing if you are interested in buying it and conversing with the seller threw the thread. But commenting on the animal positively or negatively and commenting on the prices and such seems a little out of place.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Now Gents lets keep things positive. I have posted in the classified and let Barb know how to post a pic.
I am not sure anyone was trying to be intursive or out of place, they were just curious as to why a tort would cost so much. I reminded everyone that reads that thread there are a lot of different torts and a lot of different price ranges and that we must keep our eye on the ball. And those that are interested should contact Barb.

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
even so , comments like awww thats such a nice tortie and things like that seem to detract from the seriousness of a classifieds section.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
hmmm... i'm not sure i'm totally following this but... if i see a nice tortoise in the classifieds, i'm one who would likely post and say, that's a great tortoise, good luck! i think that is because this is a FRIENDLY forum as a whole, and i don't veiw any of you as "business partners", but as friends. if that is somehow out of place that i wish people luck and encourage them about their torts, i'll stop. but as friends, i guess i personally don't see the issue!

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Im just saying that the classifieds should be classifieds. Has nothing to do with being a friendly forum. Witch this is and its awesome. Classifieds should be a little different then chat or discussion forums. Why not send a PM wishing luck with selling and commenting on the animals. I mean this is just as feedback im not saying it should be this way or that way. I am just saying that IMO comments shouldnt be in the classified posts unless its comments and questions from some one who is interested in purchasing the animal or product. I mean am I way off for saying that? Dont mean to offend any one but figured thats what this portion of the forum is about.

wayne.bob

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
iowa
i think it is just fine commenting on the animals because if you are interested in the animal why wouldn't you send a PM. i'm with Kelly on this one. i do see where your coming though

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Maybe some sort of option to disable reply's. So that way who every is trying to sell something can make a choice wether or not they mind people commenting in their ad.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
now this is just my opinion, but i would think that people commenting on the animals would HELP the sale, if anything. say i see two listings for russians that are very similar and i want one... i'm personally more likely to go with the one that has all the people saying "dang that is a fine tortoise, and i know you've taken such good care of it! whoever gets that is going to be soooo lucky" over the one that gets no comments, 'cause I'd be thinking is something wrong with this or what?

but that's just me. and that just applies to a site like this!

S

stells

Redfootedboxturtles said:
even so , comments like awww thats such a nice tortie and things like that seem to detract from the seriousness of a classifieds section.

Totally agree in a section such as the classifieds it should be serious questions by interested parties only , the awwwwww how cutes etc should be researched for the picture forum ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.