Question about closed chamber.

Reagan

Location (City and/or State)
New Hampshire
Hello there! A lot of people have been showing me ideas about close chambers and what I should do. I was thinking about putting in some plexiglass or maybe even a waterproof shower curtain. I was wondering what you guys would recommend. If I was to do the plexiglass, should I cover everything except for where the lights would be or just half of it? I also have a question about a light. I've been trying to find a nice UVB light or "tube" to be exact. I've seen some people put them in their enclosure without a fixture over it, but I haven't been able to find one like that. Do you guys know where I could get one of those?
I tried to upload an image of one, but it would not let me.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Is this too much of a tough question to awnser?
Sometimes it take a while for the "closed chamber" experts on here to see your message! I am sure you will soon have a response.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Is this too much of a tough question to awnser?
you're not being ignored, but the question is "tough" in that most of us are in the U.S. and I have not found those type fixtures available. I have looked and searched as I was intrigued about getting the heat of the ballast out of the enclosure. So far, I have not found a source. I was actually watching this thread to see what came up. I think I have seen them referred to more in Europe. Sure don't come up easily on an internet search!

You can simply remove the ballast from a regular fluorescent and extend the wiring to mount the ballast remotely if you are at all comfortable with simple wiring.

Reagan

New Hampshire
you're not being ignored, but the question is "tough" in that most of us are in the U.S. and I have not found those type fixtures available. I have looked and searched as I was intrigued about getting the heat of the ballast out of the enclosure. So far, I have not found a source. I was actually watching this thread to see what came up. I think I have seen them referred to more in Europe. Sure don't come up easily on an internet search!

You can simply remove the ballast from a regular fluorescent and extend the wiring to mount the ballast remotely if you are at all comfortable with simple wiring.
Yeah, I figured I shouldn't have asks about the fixture thing...thanks anyway!