1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Question About Cable TV

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chit Chat' started by Yvonne G, Jun 11, 2019.

Help Support Tortoise Forums by donating:

1. wellington

wellington Well-Known Member Moderator 5 Year Member Tortoise Club

Location (City and/or State):
    Chicago, Illinois, USA
    Thanks it sure does
    But those old shows you like OMG, my hubby loves those too lol. I just dont get it. Must be a man thing lol
  2. goReptiles

goReptiles Active Member 5 Year Member

Cut cable many years back. You can get an antenna for the window that lets you get a lot of local channels. Depending on location, you can get more or less channels. You just have to play with placement. We have Netflix, and amazon prime. We had Hulu but didn’t use it enough, so I canceled it. We had slingTV for a while too, but canceled that. It’s a good one that is non-subscription so cancel and reinstate at any time.
  3. wccmog10

wccmog10 Active Member

Location (City and/or State):
    Georgia
    It’s worth saying that the over the air channels you will get depends on where you live, and where the signals are being broadcast from. If you live in the city you will probably get tons of channels, if you live in a rural area, you won’t get as many channels. There are websites that will tell you the locations of broadcast towers, to help you point the antenna in the best direction. There are also different ranges for the antennas. Some are 20 miles, others are 70 or 100 miles. That mileage refers to how far a way a tower can be, and still get a signal.

I agree that it is confusing and a lot to take on, I was never able to figure all of it out. My wife and I tried, but we still have to have the internet, which means the bill is not $0.
    Cowboy_Ken likes this.