Pyxis arachnoides arachnoides

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
The weather is warming and shipping these little ones will be possible soon. Shipping will depend on weather, and may have to wait several weeks. We have a total of 4 hatchlings who range from 1-4 months old. The picture with three are the oldest. The one on the left of these photos has been sold. The photo of two are the youngest. All are very well started and doing great. They are easy to keep when set up correctly. These are very rare tortoises that need keepers dedicated to breeding them in the future. Email me at [email protected] or PM us for details.
322010012-1.jpg

322010010-1.jpg

spide032.jpg

tortoiseguy65

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
Tim & Robin,
Beautiful babies! Congrats on your success with this species. I am in the process of acquiring some myself and hope to be in your shoes in the future by adding some awesome tortoises to the gene pool. Keep up the good work.

Take care,
Jeff Port

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Is it true that these are less than 5 cm at hatching? My goodness...

I want them so bad. Next year's tax season can't come fast enough....

(The Harry Potter names crack me up, especially the one female with the grumpy looking face, named "Ginny," lol!)

Kristina

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
kyryah said:
Is it true that these are less than 5 cm at hatching? My goodness...

I want them so bad. Next year's tax season can't come fast enough....

(The Harry Potter names crack me up, especially the one female with the grumpy looking face, named "Ginny," lol!)

Kristina

I would say most hatch at around 4 cm and 12-14 grams. The one that is sold on the left in the pic of 3 is a Ginny baby.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Oh my gosh I didn't know that you guys were hatching these already. I thought yours were too young yet to breed. Boy was I wrong. These are the ones that I had a fit over when you posted them the first time because their shells are so beautiful. Yours certainly are. :D I was going to email you, but I'm afraid to hear the price of them. I know that they are rare as you told me before. ;)

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
I think you are thinking of the Pyxis planicauda Candy. They are too young yet. These are the ones we have posted hatching all along. They are the Spiders.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Whew.....that makes me feel better. I just bought Eddie and didn't have an extra $1000.00 laying around, but yet I was still caught up in the thread. :D I was going to say that I thought yours were still too young. In fact when I was talking to Douglas (Elegans) not too long ago and I mentioned your beautiful tortoises to him. I thought I would have to call him back and tell him that I was wrong because I told him that yours were too young yet to breed. I guess he had had some of these at one time too. Good luck with these and they are also very good looking. How much longer until the others are old enough to breed? I have to save my money you know. :D :p

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Only two remain available, they are the ones on the right of each photo.

Flametorch

5 Year Member
lol it took me a while to relize they were sitting on an oven mit! they look really adorable, but I don't know much of this species at all. Do they stay small too?

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Come on guys---I know people are curious, but this is FOR SALE thread. Look up another one of Tim/Robins Spider threads to ask questions in.

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Flametorch said:
lol it took me a while to relize they were sitting on an oven mit! they look really adorable, but I don't know much of this species at all. Do they stay small too?

Yes. Our adults are 4.4-5.5 inches.

Status
Not open for further replies.