pyramiding

Status
Not open for further replies.

mintybum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Grimsby, Lincolnshire, UK
i have two new guys had them just over a year now, they're coming up to 3 year old, I also have a 13 year old from newborn too, he is perfectly smooth but the younger ones are showing signs of pyramiding which i dont like one bit, we have just moved and are going to be doing a new table soon so want to get it spot on, we're in the UK so always struggled with humidity, they never go in the hide we had for them preferring to sit under the heat lamp or under a log etc.
same diet as the older one, nothings changed from when i had him other than using a spot lamp instead of a strip light now.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The best I can tell you is the humidity and of course diet. RF need a high humidity. Covering the enclosure 1/2 to 3/4 would help.

Alan RF

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
I've had mine about a year and when I bought he/she I noticed the slight pyramiding .... I live in the uk too and I've taken everyone's advice on here and I think it's not got any worse but then it hasn't got any better?! I'm happy with that but open to any further ways of improving it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.