Pyramiding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeCCD

5 Year Member
Here are some pictures to see how his growth is going. When I got him in November he still had his egg tooth and weighed around 28 grams. Now he weighs in at 93 grams.

Here are his shell pictures:

DSC_0001-1_zps623b67ca.jpg

DSC_0011_zps81dca439.jpg

DSC_0013_zps6f8c4e90.jpg

DSC_0014_zps1f3c25cc.jpg

DSC_0015_zps94504e57.jpg

DSC_0016_zpsaf4b43f4.jpg

DSC_0017-1_zps33776e68.jpg

DSC_0017-1_zps33776e68.jpg

DSC_0018_zpsb8d6679c.jpg

Let me know what you guys think.
He is keep on a peat moss and eco earth mix soaked down 2-3 times a day and soaked at least once a day for 15 minutes. He has has a 6 qt humid hide that is filled with sphagnum moss. Lowest temp in the cage is 78 and basking spot is 100-105.

Thanks!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
It looks more exaggerated in the first pics and less so in the latter pics. Either way he looks fine, and your set up and routine sound solid. That's good growth too.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I thought the same as Tom. At first I thought there was slight pyramiding. But the later pics, he looks very smooth.

argus333

5 Year Member
keep doing what your doing and dont worry about it.

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
It looks to me that the most recent growth is smooth. I love how his tail is thick and long already.

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
In the first pic or two you can see what appears to be slightly raised scutes but in the last pics he looks very smooth. I think you're doing a fine job.

MikeCCD

5 Year Member
Ok, thanks guys! I don't want this guy pyramiding on me and wanted to catch it early if he was. Mainly was asking because there are slight raises like you see in the first side profile shot and didn't know if that was just the natural growth pattern, to have slight raises on each section of the shell.
Again thank you very much for the input.

tickle

5 Year Member
I see nada iff you want slow down on feeding.if he is kept 100% of the time indoors a little pyramiding is allmost inevatabble not to say it cant be done.I have a hatchling Russian that seems like it is a little bit but I he hasn't grown so its just the new shell forming let him grow into it.also if you feed only grasses and weeds and mean only grasses and weeds no lettuce or formulated foods pluss a mvb bulb sunlight you have no worries.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
tickle said:
I see nada iff you want slow down on feeding.if he is kept 100% of the time indoors a little pyramiding is allmost inevatabble not to say it cant be done. also if you feed only grasses and weeds and mean only grasses and weeds no lettuce or formulated foods pluss a mvb bulb sunlight you have no worries.

None of this is correct. And its difficult to read too.

Status
Not open for further replies.