Pyramiding?

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
London, UK
Hello, please read the care sheet and get a water sprayer and dampen the orchid bark daily. The photo shows an empty bowl ideally you need two of them one filled with fresh water replenished twice a day and the other with fresh greens served wet in the morning and left in till around 18.00. Pyramiding can be avoided wth correct heat, humidity, light, food, hydration and soaking. Ensure you soak him daily in shallow warm water as this hydrates and they drink whilst in it. The water will become a mess so have a second dedicated bowl to move them over to.

Frankie2021

Gibraltar ??
Hello, please read the care sheet and get a water sprayer and dampen the orchid bark daily. The photo shows an empty bowl ideally you need two of them one filled with fresh water replenished twice a day and the other with fresh greens served wet in the morning and left in till around 18.00. Pyramiding can be avoided wth correct heat, humidity, light, food, hydration and soaking. Ensure you soak him daily in shallow warm water as this hydrates and they drink whilst in it. The water will become a mess so have a second dedicated bowl to move them over to.
He gets fresh water daily and nightly, I took this picture before I got him, I was testing out the lights, heat etc before I got him I wanted make sure it was the perfect environment for him including humidity ? he also has fresh food all day until about 6-7pm and I soak him everyday until he has a bowl movement at least

AgataP

Seattle, WA
I planted grass, weeds in the enclosure so my tortoise has a snack whenever he feels like it.
Water dish - yes have one filled with water. There is no rule what time to change it.
Herbie loves to put all the dirt into the water dish and sit in it. I moved the dish around to see if something changes. Nope he will do the same thing and carry his hideout with him close to the dish all around the enclosure. Tortoises are grazers. I serve two meals morning and evening. Which include a mix of Mazuri with weeds, cactus, etc. that is usually outside the enclosure after a nice soak. However the enclosure provides snacks at all times. I love regular grass as it grows with no issues holds humidity, tortoise loves to sit behind it, on it, in it ??. I also put a leaf of some greens with an end in a water dish.
There is some pyramiding on your baby as you are aware if it. The most important thing is now to make sure it does not progress. You got this.

Frankie2021

Gibraltar ??
I planted grass, weeds in the enclosure so my tortoise has a snack whenever he feels like it.
Water dish - yes have one filled with water. There is no rule what time to change it.
Herbie loves to put all the dirt into the water dish and sit in it. I moved the dish around to see if something changes. Nope he will do the same thing and carry his hideout with him close to the dish all around the enclosure. Tortoises are grazers. I serve two meals morning and evening. Which include a mix of Mazuri with weeds, cactus, etc. that is usually outside the enclosure after a nice soak. However the enclosure provides snacks at all times. I love regular grass as it grows with no issues holds humidity, tortoise loves to sit behind it, on it, in it ??. I also put a leaf of some greens with an end in a water dish.
There is some pyramiding on your baby as you are aware if it. The most important thing is now to make sure it does not progress. You got this.

move started growing some weeds for his enclosure ? I started the about 3 days ago, I’ve got this plant that’s a few months old maybe about 3 or 4 months since I got it so you think it would be okay to put it into the enclosure?

Attachments

• 4FB14C9C-6CA1-4FAF-97D5-B3C6922AA4BB.jpeg
    4FB14C9C-6CA1-4FAF-97D5-B3C6922AA4BB.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9