Pyramiding

Cleopatra 2020

Location (City and/or State)
El Mirage. Az
Maybe somebody can set me straight I always thought leopards had bumps because there leopards so this pyramiding is not normal either? My leopard girl will be 6 months old in a week here's a picture of her soaking... could it be too much UV or not enough UV? I read something about proteins all I feed her is grass clover romaine lettuce an occasional grape leaf or Squash Blossom she eats her body size in food 95% of the time

Attachments

• 20200703_064302.jpg
    20200703_064302.jpg
    478.6 KB · Views: 38

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
It’s not determined what causes Pyramiding. But Humidity is a factor if a tortoise pyramids or not. Just make sure to keep the humidity around 70-90%
Protein has nothing to do with Pyramiding, what’s the humidity?

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
It’s not determined what causes Pyramiding. But Humidity is a factor if a tortoise pyramids or not. Just make sure to keep the humidity around 70-90%
Protein has nothing to do with Pyramiding, what’s the humidity?
only drops to low 80s when lifting the lid but typically mid-80s to low 90s

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
also I was informed by the breeder that I might be feeding her too much I feed her 7 days a week a pile bigger than her which she usually eats most of maybe 5% of the time she doesn't eat when I put there for her I just figured she's trying to let her body catch up with it

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
I've read to feed as much as they will eat, which is what I do with both my babies... there might be a little debate on that, im not sure... also, you should look into Kapidolo Farms to add some more variety to her diet.

And it does look like some pyramiding to me, which doesnt necessary mean much though lol.

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
I've read to feed as much as they will eat, which is what I do with both my babies... there might be a little debate on that, im not sure... also, you should look into Kapidolo Farms to add some more variety to her diet.

And it does look like some pyramiding to me, which doesnt necessary mean much though lol.
well the only thing they put my mind to ease is the fact that certain species are more susceptible and she's one of those species and I heard u v can affect it as well which I'm working on getting her new enclosure made now to make sure that my 5.0 high output bulb is 20 in above the enclosure with a 12% bulb in it which somebody had recommended and I think Tom's aware of those bulbs as well just to make sure that I got that area covered her eyes still look kind of puffy and lately she's been looking fat her feet almost looks swollen even her little toes

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
well the only thing they put my mind to ease is the fact that certain species are more susceptible and she's one of those species and I heard u v can affect it as well which I'm working on getting her new enclosure made now to make sure that my 5.0 high output bulb is 20 in above the enclosure with a 12% bulb in it which somebody had recommended and I think Tom's aware of those bulbs as well just to make sure that I got that area covered her eyes still look kind of puffy and lately she's been looking fat her feet almost looks swollen even her little toes

Unfortunately none of that i can help with... my leo hasn't had any of those problems... hes very smooth and fortunately my nanas co worker had a solar meter I could borrow to hang his uvb strip light.... that'll have to be a tax return purchase for me lol.

That sounds so weird though about the feet...

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
Unfortunately none of that i can help with... my leo hasn't had any of those problems... hes very smooth and fortunately my nanas co worker had a solar meter I could borrow to hang his uvb strip light.... that'll have to be a tax return purchase for me lol.

That sounds so weird though about the feet...
well I just got done reading another post because I looked it up online for the problem and there was an answer on the form no surprise there... LOL anyway somebody a few years back he posted about they're swollen hatchling but it turned out it had an r i as well and a runny nose which mine does not the vet put him on antibiotics and the guy only gave it 6 out of 14 Doses because he said the turtle was having a hard time dealing with it and wouldn't eat said that the turtle was going to die wouldn't eat or move for a day but said it cleared up and was doing fine I didn't see anything else added to that post after that so