Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome what a great looking sully. It looks fine to me comparing it to mine. You have some slight pyramiding. That can be solved with the proper enclosure. A pic of your enclosure would help to see if we can give you any ideas to help.

xMario

Germany
Welcome what a great looking sully. It looks fine to me comparing it to mine. You have some slight pyramiding. That can be solved with the proper enclosure. A pic of your enclosure would help to see if we can give you any ideas to help.
The current look of my enclosure soon im getting new uvb t5s :)20190125_160356.jpeg20190125_160409.jpeg20190125_160419.jpeg20190125_160423.jpeg

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I would get a temp/humidity digital meter.20190125_115033.jpgPut the wire probes down by the substrate.
The UVB light you are talking about. Make sure it is not the screw in bulb type that look like a coil or looped tubes.(it could damage their eyes)Zoo med Reptisun or Arcadia make a 18" florescent tube type light.
I would get rid of the hay on basking rock.(it can end up molding).
Also your substrate looks dry(is it coco coir)? Just pour warm water in and make it damp. You also might want to put cypress mulch or orchid bark on top of the substrate to help hold moisture in and keep the dirt from getting all over.
Also read the care threads here on sulcata's.
I am not picking your enclosure apart just giving you suggestions that were given to me. I started out way behind what you have already accomplished. It was this forum that got me on the right track.

xMario

Germany
I would get a temp/humidity digital meter.View attachment 263188Put the wire probes down by the substrate.
The UVB light you are talking about. Make sure it is not the screw in bulb type that look like a coil or looped tubes.(it could damage their eyes)Zoo med Reptisun or Arcadia make a 18" florescent tube type light.
I would get rid of the hay on basking rock.(it can end up molding).
Also your substrate looks dry(is it coco coir)? Just pour warm water in and make it damp. You also might want to put cypress mulch or orchid bark on top of the substrate to help hold moisture in and keep the dirt from getting all over.
Also read the care threads here on sulcata's.
I am not picking your enclosure apart just giving you suggestions that were given to me. I started out way behind what you have already accomplished. It was this forum that got me on the right track.
Thank u Very much[emoji16] helpfull Tips [emoji106]

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Your tort looks gorgeous, despite the slight pyramiding.

I spray Oli's enclosure with water and then mix the substrate with my hands. I also give Oli a daily soak in warm water.

xMario

Germany
Your tort looks gorgeous, despite the slight pyramiding.

I spray Oli's enclosure with water and then mix the substrate with my hands. I also give Oli a daily soak in warm water.
Thank u [emoji1] i Started soaking today and he really enjoyed the warm water im going to continue on the soaking and I raised my enclosure humidity to 91% I hope I can cure the pyramiding [emoji106]