Pumps

DoubleD1996!

Location (City and/or State)
Memphis
A little off topic, but does anyone have any pond pumps they don't want to use they'd be willing to ship? Unfortunately, mine didn't last the winter and I don't want to buy another.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I use sump pumps, and I buy them from Harbor Freight. I buy the ones for "dirty water" because they'll take small pieces of debris.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I made a "Skippy" filter using a short length of garden hose, a plastic garbage can with lid and those circular pads mfg'd to use on heavy duty floor washing machines.

Attach the hose to the sump pump then up over the side of the garbage can and down to the bottom.Place three bricks on the bottom to keep the pads off the bottom. cut the circles of floor pads to fit the garbage can. Cut a hole towards the top of the can and place a PVC through the hole at a slightly downward angle.

The water circulates the bottom and flows up through the pads then out into the pond.

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
I made a "Skippy" filter using a short length of garden hose, a plastic garbage can with lid and those circular pads mfg'd to use on heavy duty floor washing machines.

Attach the hose to the sump pump then up over the side of the garbage can and down to the bottom.Place three bricks on the bottom to keep the pads off the bottom. cut the circles of floor pads to fit the garbage can. Cut a hole towards the top of the can and place a PVC through the hole at a slightly downward angle.

The water circulates the bottom and flows up through the pads then out into the pond.
I did something similar except I used an old lawn mower bag filled with pond gravel. It acted as a filter, but you would have to pull it out and clean it because it held waste.