Proud Moment..

TommyZ

5 Year Member
This is more meant for you all than it is me. Rewind the clock back to the beginning of 2013 and you would see me not knowing the slightest about tortoises husbandry, or reptiles in general. Since then with everything you all have taught me, for a beginner I at least like to think I'm fairly well versed at this point.

Well, I just ran down to Petsmart to see if they had any deep domes in stock. As I'm in the aisle perusing, of course not finding what I came for, I see a couple come up, browse bulbs, check the MVBs, then on to coils..... Me, not being a shy guy, says "hey what are you guys doing, what kind of animal do you have?" they answer that they have a bearded dragon. I of course tell them I don't know much about bearded dragons however I do know a bit about bulbs....and proceed to preach that which you all have taught me. During our conversation someone else comes up and joins, showing us pictures of her gecko etc etc. We then discuss the bulbs, what to heat with.. I grab up a CHE and begin my rant..

The moral of the story is without even expecting to try, I was able to pass on the information that you all shared with me, continuing the cycle and hopefully having happier owners and healthier animals. Bravo to you all...

TZ

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I am for one very proud of you. So nice to hear someone spoke up and didn't just complain about a bad situation. You did good, you should be very proud of yourself for doing so:)

Oh, and although they can never tell you, those animals are very happy to have you on their side and to be their voice.