Prolapsed Penis

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
Hahaha!!! ??. Yep.. they gave me 4 of those last time too!! Showed no impact stones or poop!!???? And yet..... here I am with those pictures??? WTH?? Maggie help!!!?? How can she have a stone and it not come up on xrays?? ?
I'm no expert, but it seems to me that with 4 freakin x-rays and a stone did not show up, is that what I'm reading, so there is a good possibility there is no stone. AND, who said, there was an invisible bladder stone? Sorry it took me so long to see this, how is she now?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I'm no expert, but it seems to me that with 4 freakin x-rays and a stone did not show up, is that what I'm reading, so there is a good possibility there is no stone. AND, who said, there was an invisible bladder stone? Sorry it took me so long to see this, how is she now?

isn’t the white thing in that picture a calcium stone???? How fast do calcium stones grow ? Do you know? She pooped that about two months after getting the xrays???

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
You mean Bob's stone? He was only 17 years old, and there's no way to know how long it took to grow. He drank a lot of water. I think it must have been diet. Who said your tort had a stone? Did she just pass urates? Desert type tortoises have a system that takes liquid and sucks all the actual liquid out for their organs and they poop or pee out paste.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
You mean Bob's stone? He was only 17 years old, and there's no way to know how long it took to grow. He drank a lot of water. I think it must have been diet. Who said your tort had a stone? Did she just pass urates? Desert type tortoises have a system that takes liquid and sucks all the actual liquid out for their organs and they poop or pee out paste.

yes I know but the picture I posted was a poop and a white like rock (urates).. isn’t that a stone?? A irate stone?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
So she passed a stone. Check your diet, some stuff makes more crystals than others. But that's where I'd start. Better diet...

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I know ... I write without thinking of giving any explanations.... too fast ... my mind talks too fast and I can’t get it all down on the texts so I just brief everybody.. who would want to read all of my details? But you are right. I will start explaining instead of sounding like I throw my tortoise around and just stuff her with all kinds of crap..
I really do try to take the best of care of her!
I can’t see my life without her and I will do all I can to protect and help her if she needs it...thanks to all of you guys I read almost all of the posts especially if it involved a sulcata and try to remember and learn how to do things instead of running to the vet. Who just looks at her on the floor while he is standing straight up and says “yea, she looks ok?..”. You don’t want to get down there and look in her mouth, ears,eyes,shell..????!!!?!?!? HER BUTT!!???? Nothing.... says if she is walking around and eating she must be fine. That’s when I leave quietly as to not get thrown in jail.... and you said $206??
I walk in and because she’s exotic it’s $189!! That’s BEFORE I HIT AN EXAM ROOM or get a diagnosis!!!! Usually I come out and it’s around $3-400. And I am told to soak her and here is some Baytril .. stuff her with that and call in a week....
I had an RI outbreak in my pond last year and by the time it was over I had dropped almost 2000 at the vet.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
So she passed a stone. Check your diet, some stuff makes more crystals than others. But that's where I'd start. Better diet...

perfect Maggie THANK YOU!!!
And how is your little one doing ???
Hope all is well!!!!

janevicki

10 Year Member!
Near Disneyland
I had an RI outbreak in my pond last year and by the time it was over I had dropped almost 2000 at the vet.
I didn't realize how tense the whole situation had me until I found this mornings pile, He's not gonna die, he's just like most of my family, full of bs lol
PHEW! o_O So happy that AB is doing good! :tort:???
Maggie3fan, a big hug to you and all you posters on this thread.