Produce sprays

Jami

Hi. Was wondering if any of you use anything like "Fit" produce spray or liquid to spray or soak your fruits & veggies? Is this something that would be worth trying for my tort when organic and from the yard are not available? I'm thinking way ahead to fall/winter. I've never used this or anything like it on my veggies but I'm seriously considering it. Thoughts?

Thanks!
Jami

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai/New York
I just wash vegetables in water, quick scrub actually... I'd use warm water with salt, and scrub the vegetables (cheap & effective), I'll probably never use those things. They are probably OK to use (just wash out the spray really well), but there is no need to :D

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Watered down vinegar. I use that for cleaning tanks too, because it gets rid of chemicals and mineral stains. Just make sure to rinse thoroughly

Jami

Thanks! My issue is that our tap water is very bad. We and all our animals drink spring water. I will cook with our water if I boil it for 2 minutes. That's why I wasn't sure about the sprays...

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Thanks! My issue is that our tap water is very bad. We and all our animals drink spring water. I will cook with our water if I boil it for 2 minutes. That's why I wasn't sure about the sprays...
Just boil tap water, wait for it to cool & wash vegetables with it :)

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
:eek: I would definitely use something then!

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
But he'll have to use more water to wash the spray off, I still don't recommend, just my opinion... Because you'll have to wash all that spray off :)
hmm, I actually didn't see that! Blonde :D
@Jami Do you have an electric teapot you could quickly boil water in, and then cool it off a bit, and then wash the greens? Elaborate, but safe :D

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
hmm, I actually didn't see that! Blonde :D
@Jami Do you have an electric teapot you could quickly boil water in, and then cool it off a bit, and then wash the greens? Elaborate, but safe :D
Or he can wash normally, I do it all the time, if you wash for a lifetime you can't get rid of all those fertilizers that are inside the vegetable... So a quick wash will do :)

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Or he can wash normally, I do it all the time, if you wash for a lifetime you can't get rid of all those fertilizers that are inside the vegetable... So a quick wash will do :)
Got to love the simplest explanation :D They do spray that stuff... which is why wee are having this conversation! :p

Jami

All true, friends. I don't think that we have to rinse the spray, but I'll check! Thanks!!!