Probe placement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guggie

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Vernon Hills, IL
Yeah - it's a funny subject line. Get your infantile giggles out now.

Hi all - I've got a setup question for you. I bought one of these yesterday (see 1st picture). It has 2 probes, temp & humidity. My question is, where should I place them? I am not so worried about the temp probe, as I imagine that's sealed, but the humidity probe is open, and probably shouldn't be lying on the substrate, getting wet, dirty, and being a chew-toy. There's nothing to hang them from (well, there are the light stands, but that won't work - too hot). Each probe has a suction cup - I was thinking I could put something in there that is able to be suctioned to and would keep them out - but I don't know what. I'm almost thinking of one of those 2 sided all-plastic photo frames, or those plastic things that hold special info on restaurant tables. They have a base that could be buried, which would keep it fairly sturdy, and the cups could go on the top, with the cables buried. (See 2nd picture- made it myself!)

Any thoughts? I can put the probes on the side of the table, but since they don't sit there, it doesn't make sense to measure there.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 9087_200wh.jpg
    9087_200wh.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 15
  • b.bmp
    10.5 KB · Views: 8

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
can you gorilla tape that thing to the inside of the enclosure and then adhere the gauges to the inside wall as well????? I know, not the prettiest, but? :D

MORTYtheTORTY

5 Year Member
Cali
I have the same thing..not to worry :D I used clear tape to tape it on the wall and I even taped another section on the outside as well...you cannot get them wet so if you spray the substrate, make sure you put your hand over the sensors before you spray. I have a cheap therm on the basking side and I use this on the cooler end to make sure the whole enclosure is at the correct temp to where I want it and humidity...I will take a pic so you know. BRB

it's about an inch away from the substrate and it's sensors not probes...however your title did have me questioning LOL

006-4.jpg

007-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.