Probably the last outside pic. of the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
Today was in the high 70's, so Pio got to go outside for a few hours...He found a worm, his favorite, and some boxies were out too.

019-13.jpg

033-11.jpg

036-7.jpg

047-6.jpg

041-7.jpg

043-6.jpg

Most of the boxies were out too

065-1.jpg

050-5.jpg

011-27.jpg

Ah...the beautiful Chewy

009-27.jpg

010-27.jpg

068.jpg

056-2.jpg

064-1.jpg

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
Why the last day? Won't there be at least a few more warm sunny days left?
Man, it was only 88 here today...

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
I never get tired of checking out your habitat...yeah! Mother Nature does play her games...it's been in the 70s here the past few days, but today it's 90 and it's gonna climb back into the 100s before the weekend is done...again Terry...GREAT job!

shmily1605

5 Year Member
Sardis, MS
Very pretty pics! I wish I could say it was 70 where Im at. It was just 105 the other day and 95 today. Im sick of this heat.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
There probably will be lots more warm sunny days, and Pio will be outside for a few hours on those days, but I won't take any more pictures .........I hate when the flowers die and things start turning brown....but I do love when the leaves start turing colors.
042-10.jpg

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Beautiful Pics Terry! They all look so happy to live in their beautiful enclosure (a real paradise for turtles and tortoises)! Too bad the winter is comming :(

Az tortoise compound

5 Year Member
Arizona
You have a fantastic setup for those guys! I had to read this thread, it's 97* in Phoenix today.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Beautiful pictures Terry. I also just love seeing your little guys enclosures. They are so wonderful. The weather is going to be about 80 today and then like Dean said it will be hotter over the weekend so Dale will be able to go out some more. I'm sure he will be happy about that. :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Terry...I just LOVE your pictures. Then I have a flash back to the picture of your beautiful back yard under a foot or so of snow and I remember that I'm pretty happy where I am. I just wish my habitats looked even half and pretty and natural as yours do.

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
I can never get enough of your photos. You've made a paradise for those guys.

I personally live for Winter so you just have to take a few shots when NY gets hit with some fresh snow. I notice Evergreens in the background and nothing's prettier than when those are covered with it. It's nature's snowcone.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Thank you everyone for the nice compliments.

This is part of my flower garden last winter.
from this:
Scan0026.jpg

to this
079-1.jpg

This was the start of the blizzard ...taken from my bay window. Remember, I live in a residential area, near the city, but I'm sure that some of you people get WAY more snow than I do.
066.jpg

Pio's garden is in there somewhere, but you can't even see the steps leading to his enclosure.
031-1.jpg

S

Scooter

Terry, your gardens and enclosure are magnificent. If we lived close I would have you come over and help me with mine. They are just stunning!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Every time I see that much snow, even with all of our problems in california I am glad I live here. To date I have never seen or felt real snow. Nice pics as always making me more and more jealous. :)

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
What a contrast in conditions! The photos are excellent at showing the drastic changes from the seasons.
For someone who has only seen snow once (when I was a little kid and we were on vacation) I can't even imagine what winter would be like where you live.
BTW....was that photo of that leaf taken, while it was falling?!

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
You know I always love your pictures!!!!!

John1982

5 Year Member
Beautiful animals and garden. I've been up north a few times and experienced snow, ya'll can keep it! :p

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
Growing up and still living in the snow belt (lake effect snow) in NE Ohio, it's so strange to me to hear that people have never seen snow. You guys don't know what yer missin!

Perseus

5 Year Member
BEAUTIFUL garden and setup. Your "kids" are spoiled!

I sympathize with the snow dilemma. I'm moving to the South in a month and will enjoy my first winter without a snow shovel! :D

-Kirsten

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I don't like the shoveling, but I have kids to do that for me. But to me we have the best of both worlds....a beautiful few months of summer and flowers, and then some great fun in the snow...shopping for Christmas presents...with COATS on....looking at all the lights....I love winter too. We have a really big hill...the kids call it a mountain...that we can't wait for snow to ski, toboggan, or just roll down it in a garbage pail cover...fun! And when that's done, we have the anticipation of seeing the flowers come up, the grass turn green again, the leaves come back.....life in never boring, because we have changes to look forward to. I'm not knocking the warmer climate...not at all....just saying I love the changes we get here.

goReptiles

10 Year Member!
Terry, how old is Pio now?

It stinks the weather isn't more compatible with the tortoises. My Russians, only saw outside for a little while, then it got SUPER hot here with an even higher index. It's just not cooling off enough for them to be outside again during the day, but within a month or so it'll be too cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.