pretend chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
West Bloomfield MI
ijmccollum said:
Yeh, I rarely get to eat either since both are considered "red meat" and my husband has determined that to be detrimental to his health. I buy the kids the beef as an annual gift and buy a partial goat for myself to BBQ when Charlie is working evenings. I do expect at least a rib eye steak or two for my generosity. I do my part to take care of family and friends.

And as a note, my job is not involved in beef production. I study effects of plant poisonings of grazing animals and how to stop losses due to that consumption.

And on an additional note, that steak is expected from my kids, not the producer.

I have determined cheese is bad for my husband's health and he agreed not to eat it as much. I just got a call from my doctor today asking me why his cholesterol is so high and mine is actually too low... :rolleyes: I said I dunno.. I make his breakfast, pack his lunch, and make his dinner so he should be eating the same as me. I waited for him to get home and interrogated him to the best of my ability but he isn't giving up his information. :p He is saying it's genetic. hmmm.. :tort:

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
ijmccollum said:
On past days posts, goat is better than lamb

I will admit that I have never tried goat. Lamb is soooo wonderful that I've never been tempted by goat. No opportunity, either. Along the same lines, bison is better than beef, and moose (baby Bullwinkle, anyway) is better than bison.

I just had to cancel a # and replace a card, too. Pain in the rear!

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
Back in the 80s, the first time I bought lamb, it was muttony and I didn't like it at all. Lamb has to be butchered young, when it's still lamb. I haven't gotten a muttony piece of lamb in years.

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
Well she is home with us. Poor thing is going through withdrawal. :(. It's so sad to see her suffering through this! Stupid people!!!! She's been super good though and only crys when it's time to eat! We don't know how long we will have her yet. Should fine out more tomorrow. There is a meeting with bio mom and CPS that I am going to. Bio mom told me today though that she wants us to adopt her and she will relinquish her rights. She knows all about it since that's what she did with the other 5!

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
LuckysGirl007 said:
Well she is home with us. Poor thing is going through withdrawal. :(. It's so sad to see her suffering through this! Stupid people!!!! She's been super good though and only crys when it's time to eat! We don't know how long we will have her yet. Should fine out more tomorrow. There is a meeting with bio mom and CPS that I am going to. Bio mom told me today though that she wants us to adopt her and she will relinquish her rights. She knows all about it since that's what she did with the other 5!

oh my! sweet baby! hope everything goes well! sounds like bio mom wont be putting up any fights! so 6 babies total? does the baby have a name yet?

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
LuckysGirl007 said:

Oh my, poor sweet angel! I hope you get her! The good thing is the baby won't remember the pain of withdrawal's and will only remember being with your wonderful family.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
5 kids? You have three of them, where are the other two or do you know?

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Poor baby :( Thank God that baby has you. Might not be a great start for that little one but with your love her future is bright.
I how everything goes smoothly with the adoption. Your family and the baby deserve it.

Ooh we are on our way for our trip. Yay

We didn't make it to the freeway yet. Our trailer jack broke and my husband is trying to buy a grinder air tool so he can just cut it off :p

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Melly-n-shorty said:
nothing like car/truck/trailer issues to add adventure to a trip! did it break while you were on the road?

Yep it fell down and started to drag. My hub cut it off.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
lol well the trailer will last forever... but the trailer jack, not so much. funny how that works. are you on the road again?

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Melly-n-shorty said:
lol well the trailer will last forever... but the trailer jack, not so much. funny how that works. are you on the road again?

Yep :) we just dropped the dogs off so we are close to our destination

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
And with that, everyone went on vacation?
I see everyone is on line but no new posts…sigh…being on vacation vicariously I suppose.
Today, the folks who bought the horses came over for their first ride. It went well. Frisco, who was Karen's horse, can be a bit of a pistol, but he tried to behave. Monster, always the gentlemen, showed soft eyes, and was happy just having someone on his back that didn't want to cowboy it up! The only time things got touchy was when 4 of the neighbors cows decided to take a walk-a-bout up our road and the new owners of the horses didn't do what we would have, which was herd some cows. The horses were none to happy about that. But the day went all in all well with the first ride. We're happy, they're happy, perhaps I should broker talks in the Middle East?

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
And with that, everyone went on vacation?
I see everyone is on line but no new posts…sigh…being on vacation vicariously I suppose.
Today, the folks who bought the horses came over for their first ride. It went well. Frisco, who was Karen's horse, can be a bit of a pistol, but he tried to behave. Monster, always the gentlemen, showed soft eyes, and was happy just having someone on his back that didn't want to cowboy it up! The only time things got touchy was when 4 of the neighbors cows decided to take a walk-a-bout up our road and the new owners of the horses didn't do what we would have, which was herd some cows. The horses were none to happy about that. But the day went all in all well with the first ride. We're happy, they're happy, perhaps I should broker talks in the Middle East?
I'm here and not on vacay although my husband has accused me of always being on vacation. That's sounds like an awesome day! I have never been on a horse but I think it would be fun to try and herd those cows! We have a cow farm down the street and one year the cow's kept getting out but it was hilarious because they would just slowly walk and graze. One day I had a cow in my front yard for two hours while my neighbor rounded up all the rest of the cow's.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
One of the best things about riding a horse is do so rurally. Think how much more you can see from an extra 5' off the ground! And wildlife don't see horses with riders as threats, so you can come up on deer and elk easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.