Status
Not open for further replies.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
Jacqui said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
Good Morning:) Princess Leia is going to the vet today for loose, watery poop. It has been three days now so it is time. It is 2 degrees out and the wind chill is way below 0 so it is not ideal but I have boot warmers under a blanket and a container all ready to go its interesting I have been paying very close attention to the torts because of all the sick tort's I keep hearing about otherwise I might not have noticed.

I hope it's something simple. Glad that all thos sick tortoise threads have had another advantage in that it made you watch yours more carefully.

CtTortoiseMom said:
Thank's, I just hope it's not worms!

:D I had almost said in my post, "I hope it's something simple like worms." Then I came to this post of yours, so am glad I didn't wish that on you.

Haha! I guess worms are ok I just hate treating them. I am not taking her in. I am just bringing a fecal sample in. It is so bitter cold here and I don't want to stress her out by taking her out of her enclosure. My vet was a little disappointed but I said lets start with. Fecal and go from there.

I thought opuntia too but I stopped giving it to her as soon as I saw the first runny poop.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
CtTortoiseMom said:
I thought opuntia too but I stopped giving it to her as soon as I saw the first runny poop.

So you only stopped it a couple of days ago? May still be enough in her system to continue loose stools depending on how fast she is digesting.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Jacqui said:
CtTortoiseMom said:

So you only stopped it a couple of days ago? May still be enough in her system to continue loose stools depending on how fast she is digesting.
[/

Good point, and I may be a little over sensitive because of all of the sick torts but it won't hurt to turn in a fecal. It dawned on me when i was getting gas and freezing that taking her to the vet could actually do more harm than good. I probably should have started a sick thread.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
if anything she will have had a annual fecal check up! It sure doesn't hurt, I should probably have Shroty and Duma checked. I have not found a vet who will let me just bring in a fecal sample, they want that 75 dollar exam charge to much :(

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
Going to pick up a brand new baby girl from the hospital sometime this afternoon! We will be fostering her with the hopes of adopting. She is the bio half sister to our other 3 girls. We are all excited but I'm a little nervous!!!

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
LuckysGirl007 said:
Going to pick up a brand new baby girl from the hospital sometime this afternoon! We will be fostering her with the hopes of adopting. She is the bio half sister to our other 3 girls. We are all excited but I'm a little nervous!!!

That's very exciting news! :D

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
LuckysGirl007 said:
Oh my gosh! That is so exciting!! I am excited and nervous for you!!

Melly-n-shorty said:
if anything she will have had a annual fecal check up! It sure doesn't hurt, I should probably have Shroty and Duma checked. I have not found a vet who will let me just bring in a fecal sample, they want that 75 dollar exam charge to much :(

I am an existing customer so that helps. I did have to fight a little bit by stressing that the best interest of my tortoise is held above all else and if she can point out any benefit to taking my tort out in 2 degree weather I will do it.

Carot cake muffins anyone? I was going to make them vegan but my first egg free batch was a little crumbly and not very good do I am adding egg to the second batch.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:
Kerryann said:
Had to cancel all my morning appointments and go see a client :(

Good Morning:) Princess Leia is going to the vet today for loose, watery poop. It has been three days now so it is time. It is 2 degrees out and the wind chill is way below 0 so it is not ideal but I have boot warmers under a blanket and a container all ready to go its interesting I have been paying very close attention to the torts because of all the sick tort's I keep hearing about otherwise I might not have noticed.

Aww I hope she gets better quickly. It sounds like you have good preparations for trip to the vet.
It is so cold here too :(

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
We didn't even know she was pregnate until yesterday. We assumed she was because...well....she pretty much always is. I got a phone call at 330 and had to let them know by 430. Obvisiously I had NO baby anythings! Spent $600 yesterday for a bouncer, bassenet, clothes, blankets, diapers, formula, carseat, stroller, bottles.....everything!

I was up until after 11 last night cleaning the bottles and washing clothes and blankets!

It's hard because from my experience with CPS nothing is ever official until it's done. So even though I know she is coming I still feel like "I'll believe it when I see it".

I still don't know when or even what hospital I need to go to to get her! That's another hard thing about working with CPS!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
LuckysGirl007 said:

That is sooo exciting :D I would be a bundle of nerves.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
LuckysGirl007 said:
We didn't even know she was pregnate until yesterday. We assumed she was because...well....she pretty much always is. I got a phone call at 330 and had to let them know by 430. Obvisiously I had NO baby anythings! Spent $600 yesterday for a bouncer, bassenet, clothes, blankets, diapers, formula, carseat, stroller, bottles.....everything!

I was up until after 11 last night cleaning the bottles and washing clothes and blankets!

It's hard because from my experience with CPS nothing is ever official until it's done. So even though I know she is coming I still feel like "I'll believe it when I see it".

I still don't know when or even what hospital I need to go to to get her! That's another hard thing about working with CPS!
I wish you lived close to me! I have a crib in my basement you could have. I am all done having babies but would love to adopt!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I was highly disgruntled this morning but it actually went well. The client I went to see had worked with a lot of the people I worked with at my last job so we had a lot to talk about. This would be big big business for us. :D I am sad I didn't get to go to the dentist. :(

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
LuckysGirl007 said:

oh wow sounds so stressful yet exciting. were you able to get everything you need? sounds like some one needs a baby shower!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
A new baby sounds fun for you. I'm happy that people like you do this great calling.

I, personally, see nothing gained by taking the tort to the vet when in fact what you are wanting us a fecal smear/float ran. I would ask the vet what he/she feels would be gained by an animal visit that couldn't be gained with a question answer visit with the person who observes and cares for the animal daily. You may still have to pay for an office visit under those circumstances. Remember, they work for you and if you ever feel the services you receive are not cost worthy, you can fire them.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
A new baby sounds fun for you. I'm happy that people like you do this great calling.

I, personally, see nothing gained by taking the tort to the vet when in fact what you are wanting us a fecal smear/float ran. I would ask the vet what he/she feels would be gained by an animal visit that couldn't be gained with a question answer visit with the person who observes and cares for the animal daily. You may still have to pay for an office visit under those circumstances. Remember, they work for you and if you ever feel the services you receive are not cost worthy, you can fire them.

I agree with you. She is typically pretty good and she keeps red foots but I think she tries to get as much money as she can. Unfortunately, for her I have TFO.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
CtTortoiseMom said:
I agree with you. She is typically pretty good and she keeps red foots but I think she tries to get as much money as she can. Unfortunately, for her I have TFO.

I had a human doctor call me to change an appointment I had made. When I said the new time wouldn't work and that I'd just as soon cancel the appointment, I was told I would be charged for a cancelation fee. BAMM! Fired!

Status
Not open for further replies.