pretend chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
West Bloomfield MI
Jacqui said:
A few hours ago, I had to tell my youngest daughter, that a friend of hers had died in a car crash this weekend. :( My older daughter already knew, since she knew both the victims, but more so the boy. I never met the boy, but the girl had always amused me and I liked her and her foster parents.

It really got me thinking. I grew up in a much larger city, where my own graduating class was 250-325ish range. My four grew up with graduating classes of less then 20 up to 30 kids. Yet, I don't recall any classmates having died while we were in school or even shortly after. Yet my youngest daughter had a classmate die at 12 from a cold. My oldest son lost a classmate due to suicide by gun. Oldest daughter had one die from an accidental hanging in high school and then the year or so out of high school one died of a long time defect. My youngest, a son had in his junior year of high school, his best friend die in a car crash. Just seems so strange to me, that so many of their friends have died and all so young.

I had four kids die my senior year. :( One was a girl killed by a serial killer. One was a boy hit by a drunk driver. One was killed in a 3 wheeler roll over accident. One was a kid who got drunk and was hit by a train. Not all were in my grade though, I think only one of them was a senior.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Kerryann said:
I had four kids die my senior year. :( One was a girl killed by a serial killer. One was a boy hit by a drunk driver. One was killed in a 3 wheeler roll over accident. One was a kid who got drunk and was hit by a train. Not all were in my grade though, I think only one of them was a senior.

A serial killer is different. :( I can honestly say I have never even knew anybody who knew somebody killed by one before. Did they get the person?Were you a big school?

jkingler

5 Year Member
All I had was a kid I didn't really know die by crashing into a tree while street racing. You guys and your kids seem to have had it worse than I did. Sorry to hear it.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Jacqui said:
Kerryann said:

A serial killer is different. :( I can honestly say I have never even knew anybody who knew somebody killed by one before. Did they get the person?Were you a big school?
I went to a school of about 1200 kids. We lived in a rural/suburban area but the school had kids from a large area. It still haunts me to this day. I knew the girl who was killed very well and in fact I baby sat her and her brother and sister a lot. We knew there was a serial killer on the loose taking teenage girls that year. Two girls in a nearby city went missing a few months before the girl I knew and after that my mom had me on lock down.
Here is a story about the girl I knew. http://crimeindetroit.com/Documents/Leslie williams.pdf
Her boyfriend went to school with us too and the boys in the school thought his story about her being abducted was fake. He said a man told them to get out of their car and he tied him to a tree and took off with Cyndi. I remember that poor kid getting beat up and harassed from the time she went missing until the killer confessed.
The sad thing is that this guy should never have been let back out of prison. The only way they caught him was because a would be victim escaped and was able to give the police enough information to catch him.

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
Rescued another turtle off the road again almost in the same spot too. This one was a box turtle and had red paint on it's shell :( which meant it was in contact with people recently :(

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Went down to the price is right again today (monday)

Hey tyler long time no see.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Merlin M said:
another horsfield, I can't wait!

Good for you! You sound like you have an interesting life! costumes, etc. My son spent a semester in Edinburgh and loved it.

Tyler, where have you been? How are your torts?

Jacqui, I am sorry you had to tell your daughter that news. Just so sad.

Yvonne, I hope you are plenty warm now.

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
HAA!! yes im breathing...been busy lately....taking time away from this online world in this time i caught a BUFO BUFO (common toad) He ate great but i let him go yesterday..
I also have tome common toad eggs incubating in my bedroom any info is great!!

And all torts fine...growing eating...yano...the usual!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I woke up, had lost 2lbs, my hair was perfect, it was sunny and I thought the day would be great.. Well........... :p

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Kerryann said:
I woke up, had lost 2lbs, my hair was perfect, it was sunny and I thought the day would be great.. Well........... :p

so what happened next?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
lynnedit said:
Yvonne, I hope you are plenty warm now.

I finally realized why I was so cold. I had a fever. I guess I had the flu, but no "sickness" with it. I just felt tired, achey, my eye-balls hurt and I was SO cold!! I feel better today, but still not quite up to par.

I sent off 4 little baby leopard tortoises today. Hopefully they'll arrive in their new homes safe and sound tomorrow. I'll let the new owners fill you in on who they are (and maybe they'll keep us updated with pictures BETTER THAN CAPTAIN AWESOME IS DOING)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Ummm David, I think Yvonne would really like to see some pictures... :D

(*wipes sweat of brow* glad I am not on Yvonne's "grumpy at list" today.) :p :D

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Jacqui said:
Kerryann said:

so what happened next?

I went into work and my first meeting of the day sent me into issue management for the rest of the day.. and it got cold and rainy :rolleyes:

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Kerryann said:
I went into work and my first meeting of the day sent me into issue management for the rest of the day.. and it got cold and rainy :rolleyes:

Without giving details that could cause troubles, can you explain that better to me?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Something tells me that Kerryann has "issues!!" :cool:

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
This morning first thing I had a meeting to get a piece of technology approved for a client site. We have already built and distributed an application which uses the technology. I requested over four months ago for the technology to be approved and after five meetings we were supposed to have it approved today. In the meeting they approved one version of the technology which was two versions ago and is no longer available for download (it's a product that always updates to the latest version). When I told this to the people approving they informed me that to get the current version approved I would have to enter another request and start over. I really felt like I was thrown into a vicious circle. :( It takes longer to get technology approved than it takes for another version to be released. I wanted to pull my hair out. The committee doing the review said I need to work with the lawyer to review the contract for the licensing and it's an open source or free product from a very well known company.

Status
Not open for further replies.