Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
CtTortoiseMom said:
My snow village, here are 2 pics of the completed project…
347y145.jpg

20s7g2r.jpg

Very pretty. I started one of those years back, but never had such a great place to set it up as you have. How many years have you been doing this? Do you add to it each year?

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Oh, I want to take a walk through that village!
OK, time to get mine out. I have been drinking eggnog with a wee bit of rum, so I will probably just sit here...

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Thank's I cannot take credit for the collection because my mother in law gave it to us. She collected it for years and alway's displayed it in a picture window similar to mine. When she moved she gave it to us. She also sends us a new nutcracker every year after Thanksgiving and they are alway's somehow related to who we are as a family. She is a very thoughtful person and I alway's look forward to putting that collection out as well.

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
OK so I finished in 5 hours, 1 of the computer cartography assignments. Might not sound like a lot, but GIS is tedious work. Now to go home, do some other work, then get back here early in the AM to do the other assignment which is the "final project". The draft is due in class tomorrow, we all critique each other's which I hate. Then next week, we have to present our final drafts. I have to show the US, and create a thematic map using any economic/labor/unemployment data to make a point. any suggestions? signing off, be back on at home soon!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
In case anyone is interested the cookies were a success.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
pdrobber said:
OK so I finished in 5 hours, 1 of the computer cartography assignments. Might not sound like a lot, but GIS is tedious work. Now to go home, do some other work, then get back here early in the AM to do the other assignment which is the "final project". The draft is due in class tomorrow, we all critique each other's which I hate. Then next week, we have to present our final drafts. I have to show the US, and create a thematic map using any economic/labor/unemployment data to make a point. any suggestions? signing off, be back on at home soon!

Wow, sounds difficult :(:rolleyes:
dmmj said:

Does that mean they are all gone?

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Morning all!

bubbles01 said:
'It's a wonderful life' is an amazing film, doesn't matter how often I watch it I ALWAYS cry...

I've just been reading thru the last few posts...(LMAO @ Tyler and her clogs!!!) but how many Northerners? (UK) I'm from Preston Originally (Lostock Hall) one of you is Leyland and one of you is Blackburn! How bizarre! I live in Corfu now, so it's 10 to 1 in the morning here, and I really should go to bed so I can be up chatting, sorry doing housework tomorrow!!

Helen x

You lived in Lostock Hall? Wow, now that IS close. A five-minute drive (over that ridiculous roundabout). You should move back. :):p

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
Morning all,
Schools closed today for some bizzare reason!
So im gonna sit and wait for tiagos waterfall and then move stuff around to fit in his new cage in tommorow when it comes!
Also ordering my orchard bark today with next day delivery,
Woooo!
I think im using tiagos old cage for the garden! :)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
pdrobber said:

No, but good luck!

dmmj said:

They way to determine if they are really a success, is to have a sampling done by a wide variety of people. I think the TFO chat thread folks qualify. :p :D

Torty Mom said:
Glad to see chat is still going strong!

We have been limping along without you. :(

tyler0912 said:
Morning all,
Schools closed today for some bizzare reason!
So im gonna sit and wait for tiagos waterfall and then move stuff around to fit in his new cage in tommorow when it comes!
Also ordering my orchard bark today with next day delivery,
Woooo!
I think im using tiagos old cage for the garden! :)

Sounds like some good plans.:)

... and a great morning back to all of you!! :D :tort:

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
Plans done cleaned Rooms,
Moved furniture around,
Now every van door i hear open and close i think it is my package,
Non are my parcel!
And i got an email saying my tortoise table is at the couriers office to be picked up tommorow!
Wooooo!!!!!!

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Good morning!

tyler0912 said:
Plans done cleaned Rooms,
Moved furniture around,
Now every van door i hear open and close i think it is my package,
Non are my parcel!
And i got an email saying my tortoise table is at the couriers office to be picked up tommorow!
Wooooo!!!!!!

How can you stand the waiting!

bubbles01

5 Year Member
Corfu, Greece
Afternoon all...! Yep, my well laid plans for a morning of torty chat went awry when I looked at the state of the food cupboards....When you have kids that eat as much as mine do getting that low is not a good idea! So it was off to Corfu Town for some food shopping, a quick Gyros (greek pita kebab) and now I'm back with plans to finally put the Christmas tree up!!

Cheryl - Oh you made me smile.... That ridiculous roundabout.... yep the one where you can sit quite happily for 15 minutes waiting to get over it at rush hour... Nope, don't miss that AT ALL!!!!! I do however miss Morrisons, 24 hour Tescos and Carpet!! (cold tile floors in the mornings....)

Helen x

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
lynnedit said:
Maybe Tiago's cage needs to be reorganized...again?:p

No point now........New cage set up tommorow and he is sleeping...maybe spending more money online will help! ;)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Helen, a real tree or fake one?

tyler0912 said:
No point now........New cage set up tommorow and he is sleeping...maybe spending more money online will help! ;)

Always seems your spending money Ty. How do you earn it all?

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
I'm a proffesional business man...DUH!

Noo....it's my Xmas money this eyar is tiago devoted so my £300-£400 i decided to spend almost all on tiago... :)
Nothing i need and i dont' like buying things for the sake so i am re-setting up tiagos cage right this time! :) WO!

Status
Not open for further replies.