Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
pugsandkids said:
I'm all for you getting the vaccine Sibi! I woke up last Tuesday thinking "Wow, something nasty bit me" My hip felt like someone had punched it. Throughout the week a burning has spread from my hip, down into my glute and upper thigh. It hurts to have pants rub on the skin there. Finally I thought I should go make sure I didn't have a weird case of Lyme disease...think now I wish it was a spider.

Wellllll there are one or two spiders who might not be that great to have bite you, but shingles sure does not sound like something you would even wish on your worse enemy. :(

Kerryann said:
Mike is a sweety though.. he stuffs foods down my mouth hole if I go too long and knocks me out if I don't sleep for a while (not with his fists :p).

We love him for doing that!!

Sibi bending it is a great sign.How does it look worse?

Grandpa Turtle 144 said:
Please A Z is hotter then he'll but its still in America :)

It is??? Not the hot part (I agree parts of AZ are hot), but in America. I thought with you guys thinking you can't do the time change like the rest of us, that you had become your own country. :D :D :D :p

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Jacqui said:
My day was okay, ran the neighbor to a few places and then have spent the afternoon/evening watching "Monk" on Netflix. I just have had no ambition this last week to do anything. :(

Stress makes me eat. :(

What's wrong? Stress makes me eat too! Well not in the moment but after. It's like I need to totally veg out and make a pig of myself to decompress.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Jacqui, I've had a black widow bite, seems I'm not terribly allergic ;-)

Stress makes me eat, if it's a major event like a death in the family though I'll forget.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

CtTortoiseMom said:
Jacqui said:
My day was okay, ran the neighbor to a few places and then have spent the afternoon/evening watching "Monk" on Netflix. I just have had no ambition this last week to do anything. :(

Stress makes me eat. :(

What's wrong? Stress makes me eat too! Well not in the moment but after. It's like I need to totally veg out and make a pig of myself to decompress.

You need to drink some wine and watch some ray Donovan ;)

Oh this week I get three more regular employees, two off shore employees, and two interns. I got a new business analyst a few weeks ago.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Jacqui said:
Erin how's SuperRand doing?

We had a quick trip to the hospital this morning to draw lines around some redness around his incision sight. Everything looked really good but if the red area's go outside of the pen borders he is going to have to go on IV antibiotics. We go back on Wednesday. I feel like we are headed in the right direction but he had a few complications and because he had a pretty big transfusion we are just dealing with the side effects of a lot of new blood product.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
Sibi, I'll get you the picture Tuesday. Today was a most very long day for.

Here's a question for you medical savvy folks; do cortisone shots work for arthritis?

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Yes the rich people 1 more hour of daylight to play golf but us poor people say NO we don't leave our clocks alone and don't mess with them!!!!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
That's hilarious Jacqui lol. Yeah, my finger looks worse because of the surgery. But it is actually healing. You see, before the surgery, the nasty bug was inside the nail and barely visible to the naked eye. When they got in there and went under the cuticle, they were able to remove and scrape the infection clean. It's like the story of my life. I'm just gonna post the before and after pics. You'll see what I mean. Warning: of you can't stomach a nasty infection, don't look. I'll prepare it in a few.

Jacqui said:
pugsandkids said:
I'm all for you getting the vaccine Sibi! I woke up last Tuesday thinking "Wow, something nasty bit me" My hip felt like someone had punched it. Throughout the week a burning has spread from my hip, down into my glute and upper thigh. It hurts to have pants rub on the skin there. Finally I thought I should go make sure I didn't have a weird case of Lyme disease...think now I wish it was a spider.

Wellllll there are one or two spiders who might not be that great to have bite you, but shingles sure does not sound like something you would even wish on your worse enemy. :(

Kerryann said:
Mike is a sweety though.. he stuffs foods down my mouth hole if I go too long and knocks me out if I don't sleep for a while (not with his fists :p).

We love him for doing that!!

Sibi bending it is a great sign.How does it look worse?

Grandpa Turtle 144 said:
Please A Z is hotter then he'll but its still in America :)

It is??? Not the hot part (I agree parts of AZ are hot), but in America. I thought with you guys thinking you can't do the time change like the rest of us, that you had become your own country. :D :D :D :p

Here are the pics of the before and after the three emergency room visits before I was admitted for immediate surgery.

This is what my thumb looked like before they lanced it

WP_000758.jpg

This is a side profile. Note how much swollen the thumb is next to the other

WP_000753.jpg

This is what it looked after the second attempt to lance it.

WP_000783.jpg

This is the third time at the ER when the pain became too much

WP_000784.jpg

The rest are pics of the thumb after surgery and at present

WP_000799.jpg

WP_000813.jpg

WP_000816.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
It sure does! But, you have to weigh the cost and benefits of taking cortisone shots. It's a steroid shot and steroids are not good for the body. If you're diabetic, it's even worse. Only if the pain becomes so unbearable would I consider it, like when I got one for my thumb. Big mistake. Sugars were over 300 for two weeks straight.

Cowboy_Ken said:
Sibi, I'll get you the picture Tuesday. Today was a most very long day for.

Here's a question for you medical savvy folks; do cortisone shots work for arthritis?

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

Grandpa Turtle 144 said:
Yes the rich people 1 more hour of daylight to play golf but us poor people say NO we don't leave our clocks alone and don't mess with them!!!!

I don't like Daylight savings.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I hear you. Me neither!
Kerryann said:
Grandpa Turtle 144 said:

I don't like Daylight savings.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Believe me when I say, I would've preferred to have suffer another delivery of a baby than to have gone through this pain!
Kerryann said:
Wow Sibi that looked so painful.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Sibi- whoa, that looks do painful! I am do glad it is getting better!

Ken-I believe cortisone shots do work for awhile. My ortho keeps offering them to me for my knee that has had a few surgeries and is really sore in the winter. If you get it, tell me how long it lasts and I might get them in my knee.

Ok g'night all, it's hard to make legible sentences which is my cue it's time.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
And Georgia. I won't either, but in another way. It refuses to have part of the state go central time and the eastern part be on eastern time. It's all eastern time period.

Grandpa Turtle 144 said:
I think Hawaii and AZ are the states that will not play with the clock for anyone?

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Grandpa Turtle 144 said:
I think Hawaii and AZ are the states that will not play with the clock for anyone?

I thought that Indiana also didn't do daylight savings? But I have to say that I love how the Monday after the time changes forward you have a certain percentage of employees who are late because of the time change but when the time changes backward you never have employees who are in early. :rolleyes:

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Good morning everyone! Erin, we hope it's just a minor reaction to the incision, and that Rand's immune system will fight off any infections. I well know how tough it is to fight off infections once it has set in. But, Rand is in better health than I am. So here's hoping the best xoxoxozo!

Status
Not open for further replies.