Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Kerryann said:
Cowboy_Ken said:
Yay!!!

Everyone eat BACON !!!!

I have fake sausage

I had bacon, sausage and fake sausage today. Kerryann, have you ever had chicken and apple sausage? I don't remember is you eat meat or not, but I know you eat healthier foods. I am a big greasy food eater, I should be 1000 lb LOL. I had the healthier chicken and apple sausage today. It wasn't bad, could have used little more spice. I had it at a restaurant, so don't know if or where one would buy it.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Costco carries a chicken and apple sausage from aedelis (spelling?) and my boyfriend and I make our own from scratch. It's my favorite sausage even though it's technically a breakfast category of sausage.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Cowboy, when you asked what day it is, I was expecting to see a camel made of bacon:p You know, that exactly the way I like my bacon...nice and crispy cooked, yummy! Must cross the Continental divide one day and visit you on a Sunday.:p

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
sibi said:
Must cross the Continental divide one day and visit you on a Sunday.:p

We'll keep clean sheets on the bed in the guest room for ya. Lol. We just got home from the 200+ mile round trip taking my stepson back to his place. He's a grown up, as it were, it's just easier for him to spend weekends here if we make the drive to hogtie him, and toss him in the trunk. He's paying off student loans, so ya know, it's easier for him. And it's so worth it to us to spend the time with him. Draw back, it's 11:42 pm and I'm amped from driving. Sigh

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
wellington said:
I had the healthier chicken and apple sausage today. It wasn't bad, could have used little more spice. I had it at a restaurant, so don't know if or where one would buy it.

I tried some last week that I got from my local WalMart. I believe it was Hilshire Farms who made them. My opinion was much like yours... they are okay, but I'd like a little more spice to them.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
That's the perk to making your own... Custom spice level! Oh, and you know what's in it completely.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I use to make some out of rabbits and it was so good. I like some flavor and bite to my sausage. I use to like McDonald's sausage patties, but they are not as flavorful any more, so never buy them any more. I did try the two sauage types at the buffet Sunday and they were both good, just not something I like so much I want more. As to bacon, I want mine cooked, but not hard and crunchy.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
RosieRedfoot said:
That's the perk to making your own... Custom spice level! Oh, and you know what's in it completely.

Do we want to know what all in it?
The ones I had was pretty mushy inside. I would have liked it a less mushy too.

Jacqui said:
I use to make some out of rabbits and it was so good. I like some flavor and bite to my sausage. I use to like McDonald's sausage patties, but they are not as flavorful any more, so never buy them any more. I did try the two sauage types at the buffet Sunday and they were both good, just not something I like so much I want more. As to bacon, I want mine cooked, but not hard and crunchy.

I used too love McDonalds sausage. I haven't had it in a long time. Didn't know they changed it. That's really too bad.
For all you bacon lovers. If you haven't tried it yet. Do a chocolate covered bacon, it is great.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Wear gloves when staining... I look like a spotted pufferfish or something, lol.

ImageUploadedByTortForum1376336131.329088.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
wellington said:
Kerryann said:
Cowboy_Ken said:
Yay!!!

Everyone eat BACON !!!!

I have fake sausage

I had bacon, sausage and fake sausage today. Kerryann, have you ever had chicken and apple sausage? I don't remember is you eat meat or not, but I know you eat healthier foods. I am a big greasy food eater, I should be 1000 lb LOL. I had the healthier chicken and apple sausage today. It wasn't bad, could have used little more spice. I had it at a restaurant, so don't know if or where one would buy it.

No meat for me. I barely eat eggs or cheese either. :)

wellington said:
RosieRedfoot said:

Do we want to know what all in it?
The ones I had was pretty mushy inside. I would have liked it a less mushy too.

Jacqui said:

I used too love McDonalds sausage. I haven't had it in a long time. Didn't know they changed it. That's really too bad.
For all you bacon lovers. If you haven't tried it yet. Do a chocolate covered bacon, it is great.

My mom had that earlier this year and she thought it was gross. She couldn't get past the greasy, bacony, chocolate flavor. I like chocolate covered potato chips so I thought it would be good for people who eat swine. :p

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
So, now that we finished with the bacon discussion, please remember that lil Rand is having open heart surgery tomorrow. I want to wish Erin and her family all the best especially tomorrow. My prayers are with you Erin and Rand.

Btw, my doc removed the sutures from my thumb today. I saw how swollen it still is, and the nail is gone. The doc thinks the nail fungus I had last year from the nail salon became further infected with handling the torts. Since I never wore gloves when I cleaned their tubs, despite my use of sanitizers, I re-infected the original infection over and over. Finally, when I scraped the black/green fungus off the corner of my nail, I was only scratching the surface of what turned out to be a serious infection under the bed of my nail. That bed had to be cut and cleaned out. And with my diabetes, it was a recipe for disaster. I could have lost my thumb. I cannot even touch my torts without wearing gloves now.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Were we really done with bacon? I just got home 12hrs. I left…

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
No, were not done with bacon, but I just took a breather to wish Erin the best possible outcome. I know you agreed because you wrote ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~7 times.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Thank you so much. His surgery is at 7:40am. We are supposed to arrive at 6:10 so we are leaving at 5:30.

I have the most amazing story to tell you all...... My eldest had her boy girl party which was good, no making out or trying to hide in the bushes happened (not the amazing part). After the party, when the kids were being picked up. One of the girls that my daughter recently became friends with said that her dad wanted to speak to me. I said sure and walked up the driveway to meet him, i was a little surprised because he was a man that had obviously had a stroke. He walked with a very pronounced limp and it seemed like his hand was also not functional. It did not make sense to look at him, he was an early 40's muscular handsome man. But it was obvious he was struggling to walk and had many other physical handicaps. He went on to tell me that he suffered a major stroke seven years earlier because he was living with an undiagnosed atrial septal defect. A clot passed through the hole in his heart, causing a masdive stroke and leaving half of his body paralyzed. He told me that as a father he cannot even imagine what I was going through but that he wanted to show me how lucky Rand was to have this caught and fixed so that he can have a normal life. A life that is not impacted by a sudden stroke or heart attack. It worked, I do feel lucky! I also feel lucky to have met such an amazing, inspiring man!

I also feel lucky to have your well wishes, kindness and support!!
Xoxoxoxoxoxo :)

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Sending my best to Rand and to you and your family as well!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~ x infinity (these things are so hard to type on my phone)

Sibi, glad your thumb is doing better and they caught it in time!

Nothing too exciting for me planned, just a free car wash from my bosses in the afternoon. Just wanted to hop on and check in and send my best to Erin :)

And Ken, here's a bacon flow chart for you

ImageUploadedByTortForum1376371014.825156.jpg

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Thanks Erin and Kim. We truly are blessed to have good experiences in life. Our time here on Chat is truly one of those experiences that I can look back on and reminisce the times when we were stressed, happy, sad, worried, crazy, silly, and everything in-between. The different personalities and bonds are as real as the person next door,at least it is for me. I truly would love to literally see each one of you...Erin, Cowboy, Jacqui, Kim, Kerryann, Yvonne, Shelly, and Sarah.

Erin, that experience you had just didn't happen by chance. It was a reminder of how good God is to spare baby Rand a life of sickness and pain. Thanking him for having this thing caught in time was a miracle in it of itself. Truly you and your family are blessed (not lucky, for that would imply by "chance") and I feel blessed to be your friend and the friend of everyone here on Chat.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Well, his surgery started on time. We have come for surgery before and had to leave because of pneumonia or other issues that the anesthesiologist was uncomfortable with so it is a relief that they cleared him today.
Here he is just before Rob took him in and stayed with him until he fell asleep...
ImageUploadedByTortForum1376396034.425444.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.