Pretend Chat 2.14

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Very good. Need to pickup one of my partner from San francisco airport at 9. He just coming back from China. We will have coffee then few thing to discuss.

I will enjoy the terrible traffic up there.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Didn't realize you had a partner and that you both go back and forth all the time.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The video (lizard/cowboy hat et al) wasn't much, however, the android commercial was too funny!!!

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Well the sun WAS shining at Cowboy and Karens.

Still no sunshine here. :(
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1415292054.229792.jpg

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Unfortunately for Karen, she knew last night that she had five dogs to walk once she got to the clinic this morning. About the time all that green was over us!! : (

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
So what's everyone doing today? I'm taking my lunch break in my truck today.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Good afternoon!
Only one day left until my extended weekend! Since i'm skipping school for a personal day Monday, professor cleared it. Then no school Tuesday so I'll be working all day. Art show opening tonight at school some well known photographers are having a showing, so that's exciting!

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
I get to switch to working only 4 days a week from now till the end of the year. I still have 15 unused vacation days and they are use or lose and we can't cash them out. Tomorrow starts my 1st of those vacation days.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I am trying to not do anything. lol I have the hose going trying to help get the soil easier to dig holes to plant (grapes, Althea, roses, ect..,)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I get to switch to working only 4 days a week from now till the end of the year. I still have 15 unused vacation days and they are use or lose and we can't cash them out. Tomorrow starts my 1st of those vacation days.

I think it's so wrong of companies to force you to use or lose your earned vacation days. Hope they are good about letting you off, when you do ask to use them.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
I think it's so wrong of companies to force you to use or lose your earned vacation days. Hope they are good about letting you off, when you do ask to use them.

I wish we could cash them out but he won't let us. Other than that my boss is super cool and the easiest person on the planet to work for. I take my days whenever I want and he works around it. I could take t straight weeks off but I know that puts him in a bind so I'm just taking extended weekends.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
I don't get vacation days... the perks of being the only part timer in an office :eek: But i'm ok with that as long as you odnt call me a "temp" that's a filthy word I've been working here 3.5 years and I have been around longer than my current boss and our previous boss, i'm no "temp" just a full timer in training. I do know we let people cash in vacation days (one of the perks of used to working in HR, I worked in sales too pretty nice to get the full spectrum of things!) we don't accumulate like apparently some schools let teachers do, a coworkers wife has 5 years saved up right now!! (aka retire then be paid for 5 years) How did you pile up so many days? no vacations at all ever? hose probably would have been handy in working the 2 jobs, no?

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I wish we could cash them out but he won't let us. Other than that my boss is super cool and the easiest person on the planet to work for. I take my days whenever I want and he works around it. I could take t straight weeks off but I know that puts him in a bind so I'm just taking extended weekends.

That is how you initiate change. It wouldn't be you putting him in a bind, it would be his vacation policy.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)
Yeah same here. The last company I worked for would let us cash them out. But now I have to use all of them with this company. I'm the only one on my job too so it's gonna be hard to take 4 weeks off before the years up.