Pretend Chat 2.14

Elohi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
I think my favorite feature of this weather station is the alerts. I have set it to alert me if temps hit 79F or 100F. On the high? Should I set that a little lower? Like 95?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
I think my favorite feature of this weather station is the alerts. I have set it to alert me if temps hit 79F or 100F. On the high? Should I set that a little lower? Like 95?
For me, I think I'd set my low at 70°and my high at 105-110°. This way the spikes that do happen, for instance my outdoor heated box thermostat is set for 90° daytime high, but often in the full sun it will spike to 96° or so.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
And I've got my base unit on the end table next to “my" spot on the couch, so I regularly glance at it during the evening/night while I, for instance, cruise the forum.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
I'm gonna try to share this with Karen but I'm pretty sure the look ill get, so instead I'll share with you folks. You know how fun it is to find Little Ricky turds out in the big kids yard? He's growing up and acting like such a responsible tortoise!

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
@russian/sulcata/tortoise

I just want to let everyone know that one of my comments upset R/S/T and for that I am sorry. It was not my intention and if you felt like I was attacking you then I am sorry.

As for the rest of my friends on chat. I've been told (many times actually) that I can come off a little harsh when in fact I'm just trying to help, I just don't sugar coat everything. I'm Also a major smart *** to the people I like. If I'm picking on you it's because I like you and I ignore the people I dislike. So I would like to apologize again to R/S/T and the rest of my tort family.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Northern California, bay area
@russian/sulcata/tortoise

I just want to let everyone know that one of my comments upset R/S/T and for that I am sorry. It was not my intention and if you felt like I was attacking you then I am sorry.

As for the rest of my friends on chat. I've been told (many times actually) that I can come off a little harsh when in fact I'm just trying to help, I just don't sugar coat everything. I'm Also a major smart *** to the people I like. If I'm picking on you it's because I like you and I ignore the people I dislike. So I would like to apologize again to R/S/T and the rest of my tort family.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)
why do you think i was offended dude? lol i wasn't.