Pretend Chat 2.14

tortdad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NW Houston TX
Good morning TFO. Off to work for me. I found a slip in my locker at Home Depot telling me that I have to teach a work shop class today on how to blow fiberglass insulation into your attic to save money on utilities. I've never used that blown in tool before but I'm supposed to teach a class in it, lol. I'm going to make up all kinds of stuff.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
@Elohi
To view the video on the app, long click on your post:
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1413117272.203346.jpg
Then copy paste the link on safari (or whatever your browser is) :D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I ended up taking 11 truck loads to the burn pile. I still have another big pile cut and ready to take up there today. Then I will be caught up on what I have cut down, but just starting on what I need to get cut. :rolleyes: My allergies had stopped bothering me the last week or so, until I started these truck runs, so now of course I have started hacking again. :rolleyes:

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I'd compost them if I were you... Free fertilizer :D
Edit: The weeds and tree leaves. That what I meant, because you can't compost an entire tree :p

The leaves that fall I take and use in tortoise enclosures (inside and out). These stuff has a lot of weeds in it, which I want far far from me and my yard. I let the grass clippings stay where they fall and any leaves not collected for use in enclosures. Many years I take other folks' grass clippings and leaves to compost or use as mulch. Didn't do it this year nor am I planning to. Just not enough time this year to be working the compost pile.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Ahhhhh...I love yard work days. They can be so cathartic! I hope you get a lot done:)

I love when you can look back at the day by seeing what you have gotten done. My days of living out in my yard are coming to a close with the cold moving in. I have already given up sleeping outside in my swing at night (best sleeping is done there).

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Noel what pretty flowers. Like Yvonne, I had not saw one like you used. Beautiful flowers to be carried by a beautiful inside and out woman, as she marries a handsome and sweet man.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Morning everyone!
Yesterday was great! The wedding went very smooth :) of course I can't say it didn't go off without a hitch ;)
It was great to see everyone and it turned out better then I expected! Of I will post pictures when I get some. I do have some on Facebook :)

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Noel what pretty flowers. Like Yvonne, I had not saw one like you used. Beautiful flowers to be carried by a beautiful inside and out woman, as she marries a handsome and sweet man.
Thank you! I never saw those before either. It's going to be sad when they die

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
No good wedding EVER goes off without a hitch or two. Only thing important is you had a great day... and married a great guy. Glad it worked out that way for you.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Thanks :) and yes indeed you are right. Randy is a wonderful man and he has a wonderful family

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Anyone watch that show “Dr K's Exotic Animal ER"?

I've watched it from the beginning. I love seeing the animals, but I really don't care much for Dr. K. I wish she had mentioned why her sulcata was so deformed. Plus she got him from another vet who moved to cold country. Did the other vet do that to the tortoise or was he a rescue. Inquiring minds want...no...NEED to know!!

I watch TV with the closed captioning turned on. This is one show where the captioning is delayed so far behind the actual spoken word that it is VERY hard to understand. Plus they talk so low and so fast. The show is pretty hard for me to follow. But, like I said, I enjoy seeing all the different kinds of animals she sees.

The bush baby last night was just so precious. I'm glad she mentioned having this type of wild animal in captivity and how it really shouldn't be done.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm pr
I ended up taking 11 truck loads to the burn pile. I still have another big pile cut and ready to take up there today. Then I will be caught up on what I have cut down, but just starting on what I need to get cut. :rolleyes: My allergies had stopped bothering me the last week or so, until I started these truck runs, so now of course I have started hacking again. :rolleyes:

That's gonna' be one heck of a bon fire!